things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

the places you showed are double the cost per night haha it'll already be costing me a lot already, don't know if I can swing. Plus, from the pictures, I did not find anything as breathtaking as the Bali pictures. I mean, there were touches that I liked such as the dining on the beach, but not enough to warrant the higher price.

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

7 11 in Australia has ginger beer slurpee. I could move to Australia just for that. unbelievably refreshing

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

that sounds amazing. it would be awesome if it was kosher.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

the premium is in the details, but seriously I do hope you enjoy bali. one thing I loved doing there was river rafting, and inexpensive lobsters.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You had me at hello.

6. oneeightyseven

I love lobster.

how much am I looking at for dining, btw? is it stupid expensive or decently priced?

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I haz a confuze. He just got done telling you how cheap the lobsters are.

8. oneeightyseven

well that's just lobsters right? I meant more so the price of everything. Not going to only eat lobster, right? Don't want to have to be paying 2-400 a night on damn dinner or 2 lol

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

sorry to disrupt all this talk of non kosher lobster eating, im 2 discs into "the wire" and im hooked. great show.

10. oneeightyseven

is there any way lobster can be kosher, and you can actually eat it? it's great man.

11. oneeightyseven

also, my girlfriend is kinda cute. she knows I have way too much work to go out for the next month (give or take a couple days) so she's a good sport about us not going out for V-day and I also found out she got me cans or bottles of guinness beer because she knows how badly I'm craving it (for some odd reason lol). it wont be the same from a bottle or can, but it's the thought that counts and kinda made me smile that she even thought to do it.

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

been ages since I went there, but there are small restaurants (if you call it that- makeshift tables under a hut by the beach, you pick the live lobster and they cook it for you) around, even at 'tourist prices' they're still fairly inexpensive.

13. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

It is kosher, they have the witch doctor dance around the slurpee machine with a bag of feathers and burnt bones.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

14. starkmichael99

starkmichael99 Member

The things that make me happy are simple. Having a great time with family and friends. Seeing my family happy and contented. Doing good deeds to other people. I may not have all the wealth of the world but the joy that is brought by people is definitely worth living for :)

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

Don't let these guys fool you, you're not missing much with the lobster. It's vastly overrated. If you're going to worry about missing out on non-kosher foods, there are other things that are a much bigger deal. In fact, I'd argue there are even other shellfish that are a bigger deal. For example, I don't understand how you can possibly live where you do without eating tons of blue crab.

Oh, and speaking of things that are overrated, I don't get all the love for The Wire. The missus and I started watching because we were told it's "teh best show evarrrr," and we both found it to be a boring letdown.