• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are Making You Happy - Sports

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Played my best game yet at goalkeeper (I've only played soccer for fifteen months, and only six at keep) . Notched a shutout, only made two mental mistakes – one involving positioning my body when making a catch and another in not stopping a ball kicked to me and then passing. Instead, with absolutely no one around me, I let it roll, trotted after it and made a poor pass as it rolled. Did a really good job of coming out to the edges of the box (and beyond)on long passes and intercepting. Love this game.

Bonus - Played another game at defender. Did my usual - hustling ****** off to compensate for my terrible footwork. The two games back to back on a turf field in 85+ degree weather meant I passed out about ten minutes into the FSU-Cinci game and missed our loss. So glad I didn't stay up to watch it. :slayer:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

How's Miami doing in the NIT? I wish ESPN would cover that tournament more.

Who cares? Nobody gives a **** about college basketball down here. Until the Canes win something. Then everyone will care.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lindsey Vonn:

4th World Cup Overall Title.

Not bad.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:slayer: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :slayer:
OH YEAH BABY, LOOKS LIKE PEYTON MANNING WILL BE SIGNING WITH THE BRONCOS !!!!
:slayer: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :slayer:

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I signed up for another soccer league, a six on six. Went to the first game and it is INCREDIBLY recreational. In my other leagues, I'vbe always been, at least in the field, one of the worst, if not the worst on the team. Here, I'm probably second-best.

So I talked my fiancee, who has never played organized sports in her life, to come out and play. Should be a fun way to hang out. Pretty psyched up. :slayer: Hope she likes it.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

UM Beating FSU :devil:

:fu:

Got to play against Michael Snaer last night (MVP for FSU this year, All-ACC 2nd team, etc...). He was half-assing it, and left early, but it was still fun. He's taller than I expected. FSU usually exaggerates the hell out of athletes' heights, but he looked a legit 6'4". I got to guard him a little, failed miserably. I did go 5-7 from the arc on the night, but he swatted three of my layups.

It always amazes me to play against guys like that. Usually in a pickup game I have one advantage over someone I'm guarding. I didn't have **** on that guy. I was shorter, slower, less fundamentally skilled, weaker, etc.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads