1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by robbie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. hardisty17

hardisty17 Well-Known Member

spam, eggs, and corned beef hash from the can...
    don't hate until you have tried it

2. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

Grass fed bacon
    Mac n Cheese
    Grass fed, free range eggs (awesome)
    Whole milk yogurt

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Sous vide halibut cheeks crisped with panko.

Halibut cheek stock.

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Fresh leek blossoms and radish flowers from my parents garden. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kyle, what do you do with the radish flowers?

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

My first Jamon Iberico from 24th Street Cheese Co. Amazing, amazing stuff.

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Kyle, what do you do with the radish flowers?

I garnish salads with them. I've never cooked them, but it's something worth trying I suppose. In the salad or just as a garnish, they offer a tiny crunch and a slightly sweet and floral (lol obviously) flavor in the mouth. Just ever so slightly bitter as well.

7. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

I garnish salads with them. I've never cooked them, but it's something worth trying I suppose. In the salad or just as a garnish, they offer a tiny crunch and a slightly sweet and floral (lol obviously) flavor in the mouth. Just ever so slightly bitter as well.

Your parents live in the Nap, right? Its funny - my grandpa (who lived next door to us on the southside) had about a football field sized garden. Corn, tomatoes, green beans, et al... But you never appreciate what you have at your finger tips till you dont have it.

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Your parents live in the Nap, right? Its funny - my grandpa (who lived next door to us on the southside) had about a football field sized garden. Corn, tomatoes, green beans, et al... But you never appreciate what you have at your finger tips till you dont have it.

Nah, they live in a tiny town a little ways north of Lafayette. My lady friend lives in Naptown though. But you're absolutely right about the garden.

9. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Nah, they live in a tiny town a little ways north of Lafayette. My lady friend lives in Naptown though. But you're absolutely right about the garden.

Naptowyeown!!!!!!

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Oh em gee, I am eating a Plum and it is effing delicious.

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Well, some of you may know that my pops is an avid homebrewer. He recently put two of his beers into the Indiana State Fair Homebrew Competition and got the results back. He didn't win, but his DIPA (he named it Cousin Pliny, obviously after the original) got in the top 5. He was awarded a "mini best in show" meaning he won his flight and advanced to the last round. He got either 4th or 5th, because only 5 beers advanced and they only award 1-3. Anyway, he got a really good score, a 44/50, which is described as "Excellent (38-44)- Beers in this style may have no flaws but may be missing the intangibles of a world class beer."
    Pretty cool to see my pops have some hard work rewarded.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

nice. Send me some bottles to teh NY crew.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I am craving braised oxtails today.

I have my 20# box of duck I need to process. Maybe Thursday night, that way I can make a little confit this weekend. [​IMG]

15. SField

SField Senior member

Well, some of you may know that my pops is an avid homebrewer. He recently put two of his beers into the Indiana State Fair Homebrew Competition and got the results back. He didn't win, but his DIPA (he named it Cousin Pliny, obviously after the original) got in the top 5. He was awarded a "mini best in show" meaning he won his flight and advanced to the last round. He got either 4th or 5th, because only 5 beers advanced and they only award 1-3. Anyway, he got a really good score, a 44/50, which is described as "Excellent (38-44)- Beers in this style may have no flaws but may be missing the intangibles of a world class beer."
    Pretty cool to see my pops have some hard work rewarded.

That's pretty cool. Maybe one day his son, if he pulls his finger out of his ass, could feature his dad's beers at a restaurant he owns or is an EC at. Or... maybe he could feed berkshire pigs the dad's beer...

16. romafan

romafan Senior member

Tomatoes starting up!

17. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

18. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I am craving braised oxtails today.

I have my 20# box of duck I need to process. Maybe Thursday night, that way I can make a little confit this weekend. [​IMG]

I love them too, but I just can't eat food like that in this heat.

P.S. I had my yearly veal chop last night. So delicious.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

So, my oxtails. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my big box of duck legs. I got 12, 3 leg portions in the freezer like these, and 3 in the fridge for confit this weekend [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Nice dude, very nice.

Everytime I see something I put on the menu sell really well/really fast, I get a bonar so large it's probably a health code violation. [​IMG]