Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by robbie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

i've got a collection of those. my all-time favorite came after we ran a cover story on white asparagus. from one Rita K. Ramp (ritakramp?): I am a 62-year-old Grandmother and admittedly it has been a few years since I've had sex. Is that why your cover story of white asparagus looks like a lovely garden of slender penises? Don't know for sure whether it's legit, but i certainly hope so.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

Today I sat at the golf course enjoying the sun, the view, and a generous portion of Yellow Tail and Octopus sashimi. It made me very happy! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Just picked up a 12" all-clad D5 fry pan

4. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    Just picked up a 12" all-clad D5 fry pan

wow mordecai, if just picking up a pan makes you that happy, imagine how you'll feel when you actually heat it up!

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

wow mordecai, if just picking up a pan makes you that happy, imagine how you'll feel when you actually heat it up!

[​IMG]

Well played.

Imagine when there's food in it too.

6. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Am I the only one OCD about fry pan boxes? I like to keep my pans in their respective boxes & when I purchase a pan, I like to have & keep the original box. Many times, a pan w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

Am I the only one OCD about fry pan boxes? I like to keep my pans in their respective boxes & when I purchase a pan, I like to have & keep the original box. Many times, a pan w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

yes.

8. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

Today I sat at the golf course enjoying the sun, the view, and a generous portion of Yellow Tail and Octopus sashimi. It made me very happy! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

damn man, when i lived near tesuque the only thing you could get was fry bread and chimayo chile. (not complaining about the latter)

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm going to resist the urge to make a smart ass comment here and ask, seriously, why this is? What good does the box do? You're going to wash it out anyways before you use it, right? Ever been to a restaurant supply store? Nothing is boxed.

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Has a guy in a velvet collared coat ever followed you around?

11. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

No, but my assistant mentioned seeing someone like this on his way back from picking me up some of those stickers that come on Le Creuset dutch ovens. [​IMG]

12. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

do you use them with the stickers on?

13. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

do you use them with the stickers on?

[​IMG] Obviously not. That's why the replacement stickers are necessary for when I'm not using them.

14. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

damn man, when i lived near tesuque the only thing you could get was fry bread and chimayo chile. (not complaining about the latter)

Yeah, you have to gain an appreciation for NM Cuisine. Hopefully taking in some Tomasitas posole and red chile for dinner. As for the Sushi, it's in Los Alamos and the guy doesn't do anything fancy but he gives me a lot, it is fresh (nothing is fresh anymore most is frozen then thawed), and a good price.

15. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

[​IMG] Obviously not. That's why the replacement stickers are necessary for when I'm not using them.

thank god. I was worried about you for a minute there.

Carry on...