• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the moment I'm making hot chocolate from freshly roasted and ground cacao beans, sweetened with brown cane sugar, seasoned with a little cinnamon. Nothing else compares. :slayer:

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen sumo ones around here. This one is an Orri mandarin, and damn it's good (even though it doesn't look overly exciting). The peel consists of like 50% essential oils. And oh it's so juicy -- the mandarin-flesh that is, not the peel.

---------------------

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not all that much, but I do have a sweet tooth, that is correct. I bought the túrron five days ago and I still have 2/3 of it. Most of the pastiglie leone are gone, but they've just 30g, so it's like drinking a little less than a can of coke.

Last edited:

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just spent an hour thumbing through the two volume "Notes from a Kitchen". I wasn't sure whether to put it in the 'happy' or 'pissed off' column, but really what's not to like about a beautiful book and chefs talking about their love of food. Well, ok, it pretty much triggered my "hipster fed up with hipsters" reflex which automatically takes me out of the moment but that happens every few hours for me anyways.

roastduck

Reaction score
Recently I've become a regular at the only 24 hour diner in my city. I walk in, sit down, and without saying a word, the waitress hands me a Dr Pepper and puts in an order for a bacon cheeseburger, plain, with an over-medium fried egg on it. Whatever is going wrong with my day immediately takes a trip to the back burner once I take that first bite.

Last edited:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw Stephen Starr walking grumpily out of the ****** little PA-run wine store near my apartment.

I've complained about the state wine monopoly before, but I change my mind. Government run business = the great equalizer :slayer:

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Hope you will have fun and be able to broaden your horizon. :)

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alexg

Reaction score

Staging here next week: www.artisansouthport.com
Excited. Just not looking forward to wearing those ******* baggy pants.

If you're actually interested in working in restaurants, it might not be a bad idea to look at EMP. Most of their staff is under 30 and from talking to the bartender it seemed like you don't really need much restaurant experience at all to get hired by them. I'm considering applying in the semi near future myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads