• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Funny, the woman sitting by me doing it at this moment has to be 50. It doesn’t really seem to be a millennial thing.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
EtO always delivers... the false equivalencies.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. I admit it. Saying stuff like

Hurr durr I can't tell which of the two is worse. Hurr durr both are bad.

is pretty stupid when one thing is obviously and clearly worse than the other.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So bitter.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just, don't see the big deal or how it's any worse than a public phone call. Having visuals can help bridge the distance gap, which (for me) is maybe the greatest usefulness of modern tech. So *******; I'll be the guy at the small cafe video chatting over WiFi.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This assumes one finds frivolous public calls on little cafes acceptable.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s more the walking around doing it, usually completely oblivious to one’s surroundings.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I preferred it when you had to find a gas station with a pay phone. Less hot air in the atmosphere.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF is up with walking around in public while FaceTiming?
Oh, hey! Just walking into the operating theater....say hi to Nurse Lurleen!....Yeah shes' the one I was telling you about....I know, right!...Anyway, I should probably go but I'll hit you back later.... Naw it's no big deal check it out...whoa, I thought you were on anesthesia by now....OK yeah I gotta go.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I preferred it when you had to find a gas station with a pay phone. Less hot air in the atmosphere.

i drove around to a few gas stations with my 4-y.o. to find a map of our town so he could hang it up, draw on it etc. no dice not even sure they make em these days

when i was in college my buddy had a pager his girlfriend got him (ugh) and he'd call her on the old pay phone every time she yanked his chain. it's a different world.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Though I gotta say FaceTime is helpful in situations like when my wife sends me to Michael's to get a specific garland that she very clearly described* and there are like 10 options. Or some specific flavor of Lara Kind Bars, that she doesn't remember what they are, she just knows they have a red wrapper. (There are like 5 shades of red wrappers.)

(* This is probably true, tbh.)

Last edited:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lately I've noticed that the thing that was bound to happen has happened to me: I read news of the latest mass shooting and I just think, "Oh, another one." I can't even keep the recent school shootings distinct in my recall.

Yeah yeah CE that ****

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
**** makes me so mad.

when i talk about it, snowflakes on playstation hide behind their guns and flags. calling me all kinds of failure.

It needs to stop. Now.

Last edited:

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though I gotta say FaceTime is helpful in situations like when my wife sends me to Michael's to get a specific garland that she very clearly described* and there are like 10 options. Or some specific flavor of Lara Kind Bars, that she doesn't remember what they are, she just knows they have a red wrapper. (There are like 5 shades of red wrappers.)

(* This is probably true, tbh.)
Cuck?

Sorry, gotta call it like I see it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads