• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. You’re forgetting the six Jewish bankers under Mt. Rushmore. They control all the world’s funds.
Please... we all know Taiwan and the secret cabal of Taiwanese trillionnaires control the world’s funds.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please... we all know Taiwan and the secret cabal of Taiwanese trillionnaires control the world’s funds.

Excuse you? Did Taiwan create the federal reserve? Did Taiwan create heroin to subjugate the lesser races? Was Taiwan behind 9/11 and control of the modern military industrial complex?

No. Call me when Taiwan fakes a moon landing, then we can talk about who’s in charge.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I think it is more a stagnant, aging economy.

Inflation in Japan:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse you? Did Taiwan create the federal reserve? Did Taiwan create heroin to subjugate the lesser races? Was Taiwan behind 9/11 and control of the modern military industrial complex?

No. Call me when Taiwan fakes a moon landing, then we can talk about who’s in charge.
How do you know they weren’t behind any of those things?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I think it is more a stagnant, aging economy.

Inflation in Japan:

View attachment 1193359
It's crazy, the social implications of the ageing population. ?

Upsides are: ultra low unemployment, rising wages, and a drop in house prices.

A 3br house in my street sold for $130k.
A new house can be had for $300k including land.
The house I am in? Prolly $120-40 ish. If we buy.

When I talked about saving $200k.
In your economy, to have equivalent savings, it would be $600k.
-Debt free. And equipped for the Golden years.

Economics lads.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That table looks very high. I was under the impression the 1% of income earners for single filers was like ~350k

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If you saved 600k in a year it would take a year to save 600k.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That table looks very high. I was under the impression the 1% of income earners for single filers was like ~350k

You mean you don’t trust a table where the population average isn’t even remotely close to the 50th percentile?

Part of the problem is that it uses average, not median. It also doesn’t make clear that it’s using HH, not individual, income, which makes it look inflated.

Even so, when you account for those things, it’s still way out of whack. There is no way it takes a $127k HH AGI to break into the top half of the US income distribution.

brokencycle

Reaction score
You mean you don’t trust a table where the population average isn’t even remotely close to the 50th percentile?

Part of the problem is that it uses average, not median. It also doesn’t make clear that it’s using HH, not individual, income, which makes it look inflated.

Even so, when you account for those things, it’s still way out of whack. There is no way it takes a $127k HH AGI to break into the top half of the US income distribution.

The way I read it, the average is $72,090, so that would be what it would take to be above average, but to your point, that is mean not median. The median is obviously lower when there are 1400 households reporting an average of $145M.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The way I read it, the average is $72,090, so that would be what it would take to be above average, but to your point, that is mean not median. The median is obviously lower when there are 1400 households reporting an average of $145M.

Exactly. The outliers are much more impactful on the high end. In light of that, I don’t have any trouble believing that’s average; it’s just that average isn’t really instructive here.

Also, it still doesn’t explain the rest of the chart. That Top 50% AGI number is insane.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I told you guys, I hate shaving, and the chin and upper lip are easily the futziest areas to shave. It's as much about ease of shaving as anything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads