• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
^Sorry to hear that. Lot of schools cutting staff right now. Pretty rampant in my part of the country.

Our school district is trying to cut the librarian headcount in half, leaving 1/2 librarian per school.

The tried to cut the coaching staff but that failed miserably: losing football games in Texas is a fate worse than illiteracy in there here parts. And don't get me started about cutting administrative staff: apparently shuffling papers and issuing new policies is more important than literacy, too.

angry.gif

Oh, and this isn't for me but a friend's wife quit her (well-paying) job as an actuary in order to become a librarian. She's on the verge of being certified...and she lives in our school district. Which is trying to cut the very positions she's applying for.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
My wife works at a school, her contract was not renewed making her unemployed at the end of the month.
Sorry to hear this.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Just saw a guy walking his dog while he was riding in a golf cart.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sick for the first time in years. I can't actually recall the last time I had anything besides a stuffed up nose or a mild sore throat that went away within a few hours. But right now I'm zapped of energy, feel quite confused and now can't sleep since when I'm on my back I can't breathe but when I'm on my front/side snot begins to drip out of my nose. Thank god this **** almost never happens to me.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Guaranteed she will call you soon - but still won't make sense.

this

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I got my annual review...

inconsistently effective
ffffuuuu.gif

$ . o9/hr
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

-rF

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
omg, my wife is talking my ear off.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. my ******* blackberry died
2. I am in Turkey trying to get a package fedexed from my office to my distibutor in Turkey and I can't get through to the people in the office who should deal with it, and I am going to miss the fedex pickup. ****.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
omg, my wife is talking my ear off.

A roll of duct tape would remedy the situation.

Also it would give a bit of insight as to your personality.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My feet hurt like a mofo. Was gonna go shopping but I thlink I'll just order in. Just took a long bath and it provided temporary relief but as i started to walk around again they started hurting again.
frown.gif

the good news is everything is put away and clean now. Still have about half my kitchen stuff to wash but that can wait until my poor feet recover.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
My feet hurt like a mofo. Was gonna go shopping but I thlink I'll just order in. Just took a long bath and it provided temporary relief but as i started to walk around again they started hurting again.
frown.gif

the good news is everything is put away and clean now. Still have about half my kitchen stuff to wash but that can wait until my poor feet recover.

There's a reason I stopped wearing heels, but you whippersnappers never listen to your elders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads