• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Enemy is evil, which justifies evil on our part. The litany of war criminals. So it goes.
But now the machine “intelligence” can take the blame for the atrocities, so we meatbags don’t have to feel guilty about it.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m hanging out in the park while my daughter is enjoying the carnival in our downtown with her friends. I was gonna go throw some darts to pop some balloons but they’re not giving out Def Leppard and Whitesnake coke mirrors anymore. 😞

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming home from work today I was on the Beltway 8 feeder road. This tow truck was blocking one of the lanes and another truck was sticking out into the road from a parking lot.

I figured that truck sticking out probably pulled out in front of oncoming traffic and got into an accident on the feeder. As I got closer I saw it was only the tow truck blocking the road and the other truck parked halfway out.

There was a body under the truck just lying there. The truck coming out of the lot looks like they accidentally ran over and crushed a pedestrian. I didn't want to get a better look to confirm because who TF wants to see a crushed human body. As soon as I saw the man under the truck, I just switched to the opposite lane and told myself don't look at the body while driving away.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming home from work today I was on the Beltway 8 feeder road. This tow truck was blocking one of the lanes and another truck was sticking out into the road from a parking lot.

I figured that truck sticking out probably pulled out in front of oncoming traffic and got into an accident on the feeder. As I got closer I saw it was only the tow truck blocking the road and the other truck parked halfway out.

There was a body under the truck just lying there. The truck coming out of the lot looks like they accidentally ran over and crushed a pedestrian. I didn't want to get a better look to confirm because who TF wants to see a crushed human body. As soon as I saw the man under the truck, I just switched to the opposite lane and told myself don't look at the body while driving away.

Seeing something like that can be crushing.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m hanging out in the park while my daughter is enjoying the carnival in our downtown with her friends. I was gonna go throw some darts to pop some balloons but they’re not giving out Def Leppard and Whitesnake coke mirrors anymore. 😞

creep-498-x-280-gif-mcekwg2ksbmqawqx.gif

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are a better human being than I am...
Seeing something like that can be crushing.
You are (seemingly) not a better human being than I am :cheers:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've told this story before but some what apropos and very graphic.
A few years ago I was driving through Sacramento on the way to Tahoe. It was a six lane freeway and fairly heavy traffic. I was sort of leading the pack at @70mph with a 50-60 yard gap ahead. Tail lights started flashing ahead so I started to slow. Ahead of me traffic was now stopping but still moving pretty fast when a biker on a Harley at the back the pack ahead swung out to shoot the gap between the car ahead of him and a simi in the next lane . He got just about to cab when he lost control and he and the bike went down under the trailer. I'm braking pretty hard now when he comes flying out from under the back of the trailer and lands in the lane next to me and just ahead. Well I know this guy is definitely DEAD as I go by him so I just keep stopping wondering if I should stop go back and render some kind of aid. I figure **** there's nothing I can do but get out of the way so I do. As I'm bit down the road I start to wonder " wait what happened to the bike?" Obviously it got hung up under the trailer and I was damn lucky that 650 lb of steel didn't end up in my windshield.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a lighter note of hibbeldy…

My younger daughter's best friend (they are 7) speaks like 10 words of English. They are joined at the hip at school but outside of school they get along for about 30 minutes.

They're moving into a house down the street at the end of the month. This is going to either be fantastic or they're going to want to kill each other by the end of the summer.

Corded Dyson Vacuum

Reaction score
I've told this story before but some what apropos and very graphic.
A few years ago I was driving through Sacramento on the way to Tahoe. It was a six lane freeway and fairly heavy traffic. I was sort of leading the pack at @70mph with a 50-60 yard gap ahead. Tail lights started flashing ahead so I started to slow. Ahead of me traffic was now stopping but still moving pretty fast when a biker on a Harley at the back the pack ahead swung out to shoot the gap between the car ahead of him and a simi in the next lane . He got just about to cab when he lost control and he and the bike went down under the trailer. I'm braking pretty hard now when he comes flying out from under the back of the trailer and lands in the lane next to me and just ahead. Well I know this guy is definitely DEAD as I go by him so I just keep stopping wondering if I should stop go back and render some kind of aid. I figure **** there's nothing I can do but get out of the way so I do. As I'm bit down the road I start to wonder " wait what happened to the bike?" Obviously it got hung up under the trailer and I was damn lucky that 650 lb of steel didn't end up in my windshield.
In my impovrished student days I was on the coach by to London on the M1. On the other lane was a soft-top BMW which had flipped and landed on its windscreen before rolling over. It took me about 70 miles to realise why there wasn't blood everywhere: no seat belt. No idea where the driver landed.

Current annoyance is a mild ear infection. Paracetamol has taken the edge off but the inflammation means my jaw won't close all the way and it hurts to chew.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sent a vintage IWC back to Richemont for a servicing and repair (it wasn't winding). Several months and $1K later I got it back. I opened it and my first thought was "This doesn't look like a watch I'd own". It wasn't. While the winding was now perfect, they had switched out the dauphine hands for baton. I'll admit they had noted that the existing hands were oxidized and would be replaced but they'd said nothing about changing styles.

A quick call to Fort Worth and they sent me a mailing kit. Back it went at their expense. I now have it again and it looks as I remember. So I guess I'm happy. But there was a while there that I was definitely all "hibbeldy-jibbeldy".

I was stunned at how truly different switching just the hands could make it look. I wouldn't have looked twice at this watch with baton hands. But I will add that Richemont made good on their mistake.

I'm wearing it again. It's probably a watch that 99.9% of the people out there won't notice ... but it's not too big ... not too little ... it's just right in my book. But it doesn't belong in the "hot watch boys' thread" ... so I'm posting here.

Sorry I didn't keep a photo of the "mistake". IWC does and knew what they'd done. And, they really did make good.

Attachments

• IMG_7614.jpg
    IMG_7614.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score
Sent a vintage IWC back to Richemont for a servicing and repair (it wasn't winding). Several months and $1K later I got it back. I opened it and my first thought was "This doesn't look like a watch I'd own". It wasn't. While the winding was now perfect, they had switched out the dauphine hands for baton. I'll admit they had noted that the existing hands were oxidized and would be replaced but they'd said nothing about changing styles.
A quick call to Fort Worth and they sent me a mailing kit. Back it went at their expense. I now have it again and it looks as I remember. So I guess I'm happy. But there was a while there that I was definitely all "hibbeldy-jibbeldy".

I was stunned at how truly different switching just the hands could make it look. I wouldn't have looked twice at this watch with baton hands. But I will add that Richemont made good on their mistake.

I'm wearing it again. It's probably something that 99.9% of the people out there won't notice ... but it's not too big ... not too little ... it's just right in my book. It's not a watch that belongs in the "hot watch boys' thread" ... so I'm posting here.

Sorry I didn't keep a photo of the "mistake". IWC does and knew what they'd done.

That watch would look rather odd with the baton hands. I like the watch, but as someone who is neither a finance bro not Manhattan middle class, my opinion doesn't matter. What model is it?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm wearing it again. It's probably something that 99.9% of the people out there won't notice ... but it's not too big ... not too little ... it's just right in my book. It's not a watch that belongs in the "hot watch boys' thread" ... so I'm posting here.

Sorry I didn't keep a photo of the "mistake". IWC does and knew what they'd done.

It would have been funny if they added much different hands.
s-l1600.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads