• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was on the Metro North railroad this wknd coming back into NYC. Early 10:06am train. Express into 125th Street from...I forget what stop. So once we hit ABC, no local stops.

I am in my window seat..beer opened and headphones in checking out some Youtube vids. No one seated next to me. All is suave!

Woman gets on a ways into the trip with her dog. No...not a service dog, but that's ok. I like dogs. Bonus if they are well behaved. This is an appr 50-60lb dog..not some small dog.

She sits right across from me in a 3 seater where the only person in that row was a man at the window.

Woman starts to say how well behaved her dog is and that the dog has taken multiple car trips and this train trip is a "practice" run for another upcoming trip. Man gives her his "whatever" smile.

Instead of having her dog sit on the floor or in the aisle seat...away from the dude, she lets the dog sit up in the middle seat next to said dude.

Dog is trying to look out the window and also looking over the seatback of the people seated in front of them.

Woman starts with her dog "baby talk". Oh...you are such a good boy and blah blah. Dog is clearly restless! Baby talk doesn't stop!

Dog then JUMPS OVER THE SEATBACK into the laps of the people sitting in front of the woman/dog! Oh my...she says. The people in front are startled and shocked!

She gets her dog back into her row....and puts the dog on the floor in between her legs...like she should have done from the jump! Dog is clearly not prepared for the train ride.

I am hibbeldy and pissed!

Ticket guys walks by and asks for her ticket. She presents it and he says....this ticket says XYZ. She says...yeah...that's where I am going. He says, well, that's not where we are going...we are going express to 125th St. You are going to have to change there for the train going back up.

She is psssd. I am smiling!

Idiot!
I used to love the metro north. Dogs on trains though, not really my thing

Sigh I miss the northeast.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return to the office and feel part of a team! I am in the office and it is pretty much empty. Only people here are sales people.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Return to the office and feel part of a team! I am in the office and it is pretty much empty. Only people here are sales people.

I will say--and it pains me to admit it as a full time remote worker--I went to my first in person business meeting in years (or at least first that wasn't just direct coworkers from my firm) a couple weeks ago and Zoom is a poor substitute for the sort of negotiation that occured.

One person was attending via Zoom and they were clearly at a huge disadvantage. But it wasn't just that (being the odd one out is never great)--the meeting needed the ability for parties to walk out of the room and confer, for people to whisper things to their neighbor, or for side conversations to occur in the hallways.

Having everyone on Zoom/Teams wouldn't have worked nearly as well even if you could guarantee everyone was actually paying attention and tried to take full advantage of breakout rooms, chats/emails on the side, etc.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was on the Metro North railroad this wknd coming back into NYC. Early 10:06am train. Express into 125th Street from...I forget what stop. So once we hit ABC, no local stops.

I am in my window seat..beer opened and headphones in checking out some Youtube vids. No one seated next to me. All is suave!

Woman gets on a ways into the trip with her dog. No...not a service dog, but that's ok. I like dogs. Bonus if they are well behaved. This is an appr 50-60lb dog..not some small dog.

She sits right across from me in a 3 seater where the only person in that row was a man at the window.

Woman starts to say how well behaved her dog is and that the dog has taken multiple car trips and this train trip is a "practice" run for another upcoming trip. Man gives her his "whatever" smile.

Instead of having her dog sit on the floor or in the aisle seat...away from the dude, she lets the dog sit up in the middle seat next to said dude.

Dog is trying to look out the window and also looking over the seatback of the people seated in front of them.

Woman starts with her dog "baby talk". Oh...you are such a good boy and blah blah. Dog is clearly restless! Baby talk doesn't stop!

Dog then JUMPS OVER THE SEATBACK into the laps of the people sitting in front of the woman/dog! Oh my...she says. The people in front are startled and shocked!

She gets her dog back into her row....and puts the dog on the floor in between her legs...like she should have done from the jump! Dog is clearly not prepared for the train ride.

I am hibbeldy and pissed!

Ticket guys walks by and asks for her ticket. She presents it and he says....this ticket says XYZ. She says...yeah...that's where I am going. He says, well, that's not where we are going...we are going express to 125th St. You are going to have to change there for the train going back up.

She is psssd. I am smiling!

Idiot!
All I read is sex jargon.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure the dog is annoying as hell, but not as bad as ter chugging beers on the seat next to you...

It was ONE beer!

And no one sat next to me as I was in a 2 seater with my legs spread!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was ONE beer!

And no one sat next to me as I was in a 2 seater with my legs spread!
IMG_8922.jpeg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DHL delivery failed due to "no one home..." at a business address with the front door literally wide open.

Just say you were too lazy to ride the elevator today...

All sorts of jibbeldy!
I was ready to call Fedex CEO Raj Subramaniam a couple of months ago when I was waiting for a watch to be delivered from Rolex service. It needed a signature and I was home in my office on a Friday when I saw the status update to "we tried but you weren't home, we'll try again Monday."

Turns out our POS wireless doorbell stopped working and he really did try ringing the bell. Finally bought the stupid Ring doorbells that I've been meaning to buy for years now.

I've surprisingly had great luck with all the carriers. DHL always surprises me with how quickly stuff shows up from overseas.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An expensive artwork was supposed to be delivered to my apartment in DC today by art courier. The artwork never made it on to the delivery truck and is stuck in a warehouse in New York. Yeah, yeah #FirstWorldProblems in having to wait until next week for delivery, but still incredibly disappointing and frustrating. Hopefully the art courier service knocks something off the insanely expensive delivery bill as a gesture of good faith.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads