• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all need a visit from Maxwell Edison.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instagram has been primarily ads for a while now but yesterday I was feeling particularly targeted when an advertisement for a Steely Dan t-shirt popped up in my feed. So I made my first purchase directly through Instagram.

I sit down today to scroll through while eating some toast and relaxing and literally every other post in my feed is for some sort of vintage looking t-shirt company. Every. Other. Post.:brick:
They got the house on the corner
With the rug inside
They got the booze they need
All that money can buy
They got the shapely bods
They got the Steely Dan T-shirt
And for the coup-de-gras
They're outrageous

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They got the house on the corner
With the rug inside
They got the booze they need
All that money can buy
They got the shapely bods
They got the Steely Dan T-shirt
And for the coup-de-gras
They're outrageous

Probably my favorite Steely Dan song.

Super Furry Animals did some good work with a sample from Show Biz Kids:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kid Charlemagne for me but it's about an old acquaintance so maybe I'm biased.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot who did it, but I watched this bit where they stopped people wearing vintage band t-shirts and asked them to name 3 songs by the band on their t-shirt.

one girl couldn’t name 3 Beatles songs :brick:
In fairness, this could simply speak to the high quality of her particular taste.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fave SD tune ? impossible to choose but i've really been grooving on I Got the News
Hard to pick just one song. Maybe “Peg” or “Black Cow” off Aja.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It makes for funny videos, but honestly...I don't pay a lot of attention to song names.

Unless the song is named after the chorus, there are a lot of bands that I like quite a lot that I would struggle to name 3 songs from if you put me on the spot even of I could sing along to 12 of their songs.

Even the Beatles, I feel like I'd end up naming Hey Jude and then Help and Yellow Submarine because it is easier to think of movie titles than song titles.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It makes for funny videos, but honestly...I don't pay a lot of attention to song names.
I could name many different Pink Floyd songs, but I'm backing that girl's play.
I listen to Dark Side of the Moon all the way through once a day while I have my morning Bailey's and Coffee, and I consider it all one song...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've been favoring full albums for listening lately ...

i'm surprised at how many newer albums are great all the way through . hot pink def surprised me lol

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could name many different Pink Floyd songs, but I'm backing that girl's play.
I listen to Dark Side of the Moon all the way through once a day while I have my morning Bailey's and Coffee, and I consider it all one song...
No way.

The song titles themselves are just classic. I haven't looked at Darkside in like 10 years and off the top of my head Money, Time, On the Run and Breathe just come to mind.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No way.

The song titles themselves are just classic. I haven't looked at Darkside in like 10 years and off the top of my head Money, Time, On the Run and Breathe just come to mind.
I know the songs...
But they're just different sonatas of the same concerto.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw Pink Floyd at Winterland Sept 24,1972. Dark Side of the Moon Tour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads