• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a ******* crybaby. Bonds has the record whether you look it or not and your dad has been relegated to a footnote in history. ******* deal with it.

What a ******* loser. Yankee stadium has always been a homerun friendly field as oppose to Chavez Ravine, and Oracle Park. Eat Barry Bond's BBC, Maris family.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a ******* crybaby. Bonds has the record whether you look it or not and your dad has been relegated to a footnote in history. ******* deal with it.
I may look old, but as a baseball fan you must be old. Nice take here boomer

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m totally on board with cheaters having their records or championships clearly marked with *CHEATER in the record books

that includes the astros btw :fence:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m totally on board with cheaters having their records or championships clearly marked with *CHEATER in the record books

that includes the astros btw :fence:
Everyone is cheating even back in Roger Maris's playing days. There's no such thing as a clean sport.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time accepting sign stealing as cheating.
It's not like the last Yankees team to win the WS wasn't filled with roided up hitters and pitchers.

Also, does anyone even give a **** about LA's 2 Covid titles? Those "titles" are the ones that deserve an asterisk.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fandom is ramping up as the Astros make another World Series run. After that, I don't give a **** again, because I will be dead due to my advanced age.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? The MLB playoffs had 16 teams in 2020 rather than the usual 10; it was actually harder, not easier during the year the Dodgers won.
They played a 50 game season with half the league making the post season. It's a bullshit fake title just like the Lakers Covid "title"

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They played a 50 game season with half the league making the post season. It's a bullshit fake title just like the Lakers Covid "title"
So you’re saying they wouldn’t have made the playoffs if it was a full season?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He came out calling Bonds the best ever. Arguable, but such a strong take leads me to assume somebody got to doofus and told him to **** off.
As an LAD hating Angeleno, few things in sport would bring me greater pleasure than Houston beating these Dodgers in the WS. Arsenal topping City in EPL would rate higher…but I’m not that insane.
So you’re saying they wouldn’t have made the playoffs if it was a full season?
They (LAD and LAL) won, so certainly deserve credit for it, but there are undoubtedly extenuating circumstances. Playing ~30% of a season makes a difference. As we’re seeing this year with the Dodgers, it may well have made no difference at all, but it’s not unreasonable to pick nits over it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads