• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a long story. I'll try to keep it brief.

Mother-in-law retired a year or so ago and has been helping out a show dog breeder, who is an extreme control freak. (Best in Show looks pretty accurate now that I know a little more about this world.) Breeder gave her a show puppy to take care of. The puppy for all intents and purposes my MIL's dog, except she doesn't own the dog, and she has to follow a ton of rules.

One of those rules is the puppy has to be in the crate when unsupervised. Fuckup sister-in-law got home one day, mother-in-law was taking a nap, puppy came to the door because it was not in the crate. Fuckup sister-in-law, who has been told not to talk to the breeder at all, messages the breeder on facebook and rats my mother-in-law out. Also tells her that she was planning to visit us for Thanksgiving. Breeder doesn't want her bringing the dog here, but also can't take care of the dog because she has a new litter of puppies. So my mother-in-law is stuck by herself with my fuckup sister-in-law for Thanksgiving. And on top of that she got the "I'm rethinking my decision to give you this dog."
Your SIL sounds like a nightmare, but so does the breeder. Given that she can’t take the dog back at the moment, I think your MIL has the upper hand and can do what the **** she wants.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked a job once where we had 3 Bobs and 2 Mikes, whole crew. The foreman we called Clipboard Bob because all he did was walk around with a clipboard. Anyways during the course of this project Clipboard Bob's old lady who raised and showed some kinda' little rat dogs dumped Bobs ass took everything and ran away with the dog trainer Bob had been paying for a couple years. Sort of a sad story but Clipboard Bob was a worthless jerk and we got a lot of milage outa' that story.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aubrey-plaza-crossing-legs.gif

200.gif

YxwBtDN.gif
Wood.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your sister in law is scum
I waffle between "she did it on purpose because she wasn't invited to Thanksgiving" and "she's too stupid to think strategically like that."

I love dogs and we've had dogs from breeders. It seems like about 75% of the breeders we've met are crazy. Friends of ours waited years for a leonberger and still had to sign all sorts of contracts to feed the dog raw food, use an approved vet, etc.

Eventually they went to another vet and he dubunked much of what they'd been told by the breeder and adopted a more common sense approach to dog rearing.

Breeder went ape **** & tried to take the dog back (but keep their money). Great dog now.
When my MIL got the dog, the breeder asked her to give it a call name (basically what you think of as a normal dog's name, vs. the officially registered show name). All she said was "make it sassy and fierce." We went through like 10 name suggestions. Most of them, it was "Dame Fluffington IV has that call name so we can't use it." Then my wife came up with "Zuzu." Breeder comes back with "actually I name all my dogs after civil rights icons." (No mention of that before!) So the breeder decides to name the dog herself.

Chill with that yo....

Let's see some pics first!
1635285618045.png

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your SIL sounds like a nightmare, but so does the breeder. Given that she can’t take the dog back at the moment, I think your MIL has the upper hand and can do what the **** she wants.
Yeah, we're starting to worry the relationship is more trouble than it's worth. The good thing about it is that it gets her out of the house.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i took your use of the word snitch literally and assumed that your MIL can’t come to TG because she’s in jail
Breeder comes back with "actually I name all my dogs after civil rights icons." (No mention of that before!) So the breeder decides to name the dog herself.
Is “Frederick Doglass” already taken?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads