• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

brokencycle

Reaction score
I'm putting screws into a stud to hang a fairly heavy piece of artwork. I drilled a pilot hole, then when I had it screwed about halfway in, the head snapped off the screw. I managed to unscrew it with a pair of pliers. Then, I drilled a larger pilot hole. I got the screw in slightly farther than the first one, then it snapped off somewhere inside the hole. :fu:

I know this is going to sound like old man yelling at clouds, but I don't remember screws being so ****** when I was younger.

I had this problem. There was 1/4" at the top without threads. As soon as that guy the wood, snap.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suggestions? Obviously, Home Depot house brand does not get my vote.
i have to go out to my shop but what I do is buy mine at a lumber distributer that supplys commercial contractors. Contractors use power tools to drive screws and screws that wallow out the head or snap off cost money.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LOL @ self-screwers.

Wait. Wut?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy 2 and 3 inch star drive coated deck screws as needed. They are strong as hell and I have never had one break off. Double bonus they self tap (twss)

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've become really bad at real life. I can't muster the courage to eat alone.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once read sf and i thought, omg im liberal. Im still the same. Now I read sf and im like geeze, am i a conservative. No diversity of opinion around here anymore thats fact.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy 2 and 3 inch star drive coated deck screws as needed. They are strong as hell and I have never had one break off. Double bonus they self tap (twss)
I like this suggestion, but do deck screws come in a variety of sizes? Bigger isn't always better. At least that's what I say to comfort myself...

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss the old SF, and i know i say this all the time, but i really do. i miss the diversity of opinions. im basically conservative at this time. wtf

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I miss the old SF, and i know i say this all the time, but i really do. i miss the diversity of opinions. im basically conservative at this time. wtf

I still think AOC is an idiot so you've got that going for you.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I'm so F.ckn Torn and angry right now. I can't fix it.

She said she has given up on having a 2nd.

What about the 5+ years of me trying to get the spark back?
You now blame me? now that i have grown tired of trying?
I fkn tried, for years. you can't pick and choose at this point.
But you can call it over.
nice.
There is a feeling of finality. A part lost. I will not have a 2nd.
so all my love will go to my 1 son. the ghost of achilles. to be a beacon of strength.
At least stronger than his old man.
I feel like i lost a part of me today.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think AOC is an idiot so you've got that going for you.
Semi-serious question: who do you think is the bigger idiot, AOC or MTG? They're both more extreme than their party as a whole and they both draw a **** ton of attention that's way out of proportion to their status as very junior Representatives, so I consider them somewhat analogous.

(I know, I know- CE that ****...)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
MTG is more pernicious and malicious in her idiocy. AOC is just bleeding heart idiotic and I think she's a decent human. MGT is ******* evil.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads