• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, only the first three response emojis increase a user's reaction score, so the system is more refined than I thought. But the laugh emoji can be used to show that you think a post is funny and, alternatively, to show that you think the post is full of s**t.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just read a FB post (on a local county group page) from a woman who was angry about a memorial being removed from a roadside where her teenaged brother was killed in a car accident. She was very upset that the elaborate cross and decorations had been removed without notifying her and getting her permission.

After a few posts, it turns out:

1) The memorial was on someone else's private property (front yard), who apparently didn't like seeing a memorial to a dead teenager every single day in her yard.
2) The memorial was (allegedly) not removed by the property owner.
3) The memorial had been allowed on the property for ten years. The kid died more than ten years ago.
4) The family of the deceased had continued to enlarge the memorial over the last ten years (adding flowers, putting up a larger cross, etc.).
5) The memorial site was on a dangerous curve in the road with no shoulder or parking space (part of why the teenager died there, I guess). But still the family would go there regularly and park (dangerously) so they could mourn on the property owner's private property whenever they felt like it.

I was sort of amazed that the woman was so upset that someone wouldn't allow her and her family to continue to use private property as a memorial to someone who died ten years ago, on into perpetuity. The woman posting about it was really nasty about the homeowner, as well. Not surprisingly, nobody called her out on this. I wasn't about to.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't about to.
Did. You missed out.

Send me the link, I will take care of that for you. Woman is delusional.

Also, best part of today? Seeing where @RSS called Ed "honey". So sweet

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did. You missed out.
LOL. I live here. I have a business here. The last thing I need is some craycray hillbilly leaving crazy messages on our Yelp page or showing up at the office to yell at my staff.

Time to set up a sockpuppet FB account, no doubt. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

brokencycle

Reaction score
I just read a FB post (on a local county group page) from a woman who was angry about a memorial being removed from a roadside where her teenaged brother was killed in a car accident. She was very upset that the elaborate cross and decorations had been removed without notifying her and getting her permission.

After a few posts, it turns out:

1) The memorial was on someone else's private property (front yard), who apparently didn't like seeing a memorial to a dead teenager every single day in her yard.
2) The memorial was (allegedly) not removed by the property owner.
3) The memorial had been allowed on the property for ten years. The kid died more than ten years ago.
4) The family of the deceased had continued to enlarge the memorial over the last ten years (adding flowers, putting up a larger cross, etc.).
5) The memorial site was on a dangerous curve in the road with no shoulder or parking space (part of why the teenager died there, I guess). But still the family would go there regularly and park (dangerously) so they could mourn on the property owner's private property whenever they felt like it.

I was sort of amazed that the woman was so upset that someone wouldn't allow her and her family to continue to use private property as a memorial to someone who died ten years ago, on into perpetuity. The woman posting about it was really nasty about the homeowner, as well. Not surprisingly, nobody called her out on this. I wasn't about to.

Adverse possession. They allowed it for a decade; therefore, they've ceded the land and it should always remain.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a related note...
Out in my parts, I see a lot of these:
1623436401650.png

Car window tombstones. I don't get it, I don't like it.

• Wow
Reactions: RSS

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regarding western bespoke ... is there going to be an SF costume party?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regarding western bespoke ... is there going to be an SF costume party?

I will be hibbeldy if there wasn't!

Reactions: RSS

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every now and then my "Southern" comes out. That and a few other things.
See, I am avoiding making a joke here. This is me behaving.

Still behaving.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads