• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You all need to petition your state and local governments to reduce real property taxes. Book learning for the young'uns is overrated.

Or, you know, we could just be allowed to deduct SALT again?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was to stop the proliferation of nuclear arms...

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes a fair bit of chutzpah to argue that home prices are currently unfairly depressed by tax policy.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been desperately trying not to complain about taxes in this thread...it’s really hard

brokencycle

Reaction score

Where did this loss of home value come from?

Housing prices have fine nothing but go up since 2016.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or find a random number generator to help you fill things out
so I find there are two types of "better" accountants:

#1 puts some sketchy **** on there and signs their name as the preparer. Those are the good kind.

#2 puts way more sketchy **** on there but doesn't sign their name, leaving you with all the liability.

I know a few people who have been completely fucked by the 2nd type.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I will confess that I decided to "forget" that I had another account to report on, when I realized that I'd have to click through and confirm hundreds of seperate transactions for a couple of dollars each.

"Oh gee I must have forgotten about that account. Why don't you go ahead and bill me."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It would be cool with me if they raised that age for RMDs to 75. It's always seemed to me the window was too compressed to best incur the taxes that come with distribution. I mean, the average (Sleepy) Joe will retire at 65-67 and was then required to start unsheltering his stash just a few years later at age 70.5. Allowing people a decade to best trim that bill seems reasonable...so it will never pass.

Reactions: RSS

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Logged into my student loan provider account for the first time since last tax season. Turns out I'm going to pay off my loans at the end of next month. I wont personally benefit from when Kamala cancels student loan debt.
Please stop triggering @Piobaire

Congrats though! How ******* exciting!

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still hold out hope- I've got approximately a new Toyota Camry's worth of loans...

brokencycle

Reaction score
Logged into my student loan provider account for the first time since last tax season. Turns out I'm going to pay off my loans at the end of next month. I wont personally benefit from when Kamala cancels student loan debt.

It is a good feeling to have. Now your education is nothing but upside from here on out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads