• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember my mom warning me early in the 2000s when gas was surging in the mid-$1.xx range that people would break into my car to steal gas. What I came to realize was that family are the ones that usually steal from you. My brother can be traced to being the person who syphoned gas out of the cars and broke into the house to steal things making it look like a robbery. He would always forget to take the pawn shop tickets out of his pockets before throwing his clothes in the hamper...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My first taste of real life was busting my mother stealing my paper route money to buy smokes. And people wonder why I'm so cynical.

ETA: no wait, my first taste of real life was coming home from school one day when I was nine to be told my father had croaked that day from a massive heart attack.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It also bothers me that companies take previous/current salary as a data point. There is a strong chance that my previous/current salary is a factor in my decision to search for a new position.

It's annoying. I forget who it was, but someone on this forum used to say "how do I know what to pay a possible new hire if I don't know what they are making?" Everyone was like dude... Pay them what the position is worth. They will either take it, counter your offer or walk.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first taste of real life was busting my mother stealing my paper route money to buy smokes. And people wonder why I'm so cynical.

ETA: no wait, my first taste of real life was coming home from school one day when I was nine to be told my father had croaked that day from a massive heart attack.
Damn, pio.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cheese wheels (and round cheeses) bother me. There’s no logical place to begin to cut it. And when you cut it it’s no longer round, which disturbs my sense that the world is in order. Finally, no slice is the same size :fu:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
70% of gas stations in my area are out of gas. I quickly figured out to stay in the left lane on a main road because there are lines backed up onto the street at every station.

I've been watching the progression at the relatively small Circle K near me. Yesterday morning my wife suggested I fill up. I went at lunch and only had to wait for 1 car. On my way home from work, maybe 5 cars in line. Not really spilling out onto the road yet. On the way to work this morning, 3-5 cars each way in the street, plus whatever in the lot. On the way home, there were at least 30 total cars.

I'm glad I took my wife's advice even though I still had half a tank. Tragedy of the commons.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lines at every gas station on my evening bike ride. All stations seemed to actually have gas but it was a pain dodging the backed up cars.

this may be CE territory but you gotta love DeSantis The Cock Sucker. Doesn’t give a **** about coronavirus, but declares a state of emergency for a gas shortage that isn’t even supposed to affect his state

• Haha
Reactions: otc

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's not tragedy of the commons
it's at least tragedy of the commons adjacent. the shortage was created mostly by panic buying. had people continued normal buying habits, there would be no shortage since alternative supply would have covered the gap until the pipeline came back online.

or maybe I am misunderstanding tragedy of the commons

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no worries! the essential shortage was created by a terror attack, or russian mafia, or however we care to frame that .

tragedy of the commons is like a grad school fridge that never gets cleaned. or overfishing. or accumulation of trash on everest. etc.

but, adjacent may apply, idk? not trying to sharpshoot but i think is misapplied. $.02 !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads