• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The new gig has a very toxic second in command but I'm not ready to broom her yet. It's the director of clinical services and I have no one to take her place plus the local talent pool is very shallow. I need to limp along, trying to fix a whole host of operational issues, while she continues to poison the culture I'm trying to create until this fall.

I might need to go back to tendies full time. I'm just like those people that collect poogie for the first time...applying for UI the second time is way eaiser mentally than the first time.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I might need to go back to tendies full time. I'm just like those people that collect poogie for the first time...applying for UI the second time is way eaiser mentally than the first time.

Don't you have to be laid off to collect UI? Or is that a CA thing?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't you have to be laid off to collect UI? Or is that a CA thing?

As far as I know you need to be laid off. I think in Canada you might be able to collect after an exclusionary period if not a lay off. Not sure.

I'm not figuring I'll get UI but was referencing this NBER paper that shows once one collects UI the chances of collecting it again in the future are very high and it enables the "seasonal worker" culture prevalent in places like fisheries and forestry. This was a comparison to me, who was deathly afraid of walking away from employment, and now I'm like, "Meh."

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the director of clinical services toxic mostly because she's clashing with you (maybe she wanted your job?) or did this pre-date your run with the company?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
This was a comparison to me, who was deathly afraid of walking away from employment, and now I'm like, "Meh."

I could use some of that courage. I'm really burned out on my current job / career.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new gig has a very toxic second in command but I'm not ready to broom her yet. It's the director of clinical services and I have no one to take her place plus the local talent pool is very shallow. I need to limp along, trying to fix a whole host of operational issues, while she continues to poison the culture I'm trying to create until this fall.

Pay me enough tendies and I'll be willing to work her job.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Is the director of clinical services toxic mostly because she's clashing with you (maybe she wanted your job?) or did this pre-date your run with the company?

Predates. Little does she know her former boss is someone I've known for 20 years and COVID just decided to make him retire a couple years early. He was ROAD through 2020, and did nothing about her, but at least he called to fill me in when he heard I was taking his spot.

I could use some of that courage. I'm really burned out on my current job / career.

Solidarity. It took my ever sensible wife to talk some rationality into me on a particularly bad evening early last October. My phobia of dying poor would never have let me walk like I did without her intervention.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dont get how it is only 330. I've put in like a solid 90 minutes of work and shortened my lunch break. TF.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Predates. Little does she know her former boss is someone I've known for 20 years and COVID just decided to make him retire a couple years early. He was ROAD through 2020, and did nothing about her, but at least he called to fill me in when he heard I was taking his spot.
It's always interesting to me to hear people (when talking about bad cops) wonder "why didn't anyone do anything to get this rogue cop off the force?" when many businesses won't even bother to get rid of toxic people even when it's actively damaging the business. Keeping toxic people around seems to be the norm, not the exception.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Jedi Tape Worm seems to be popping up all over the place...

1620160186341.png

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It's always interesting to me to hear people (when talking about bad cops) wonder "why didn't anyone do anything to get this rogue cop off the force?" when many businesses won't even bother to get rid of toxic people even when it's actively damaging the business. Keeping toxic people around seems to be the norm, not the exception.

The status quo is just about always the easiest path for management...even when it's leading to ruin. Right up to that final, one bad day, it's all good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads