• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am livid when I see Nespresso ships via that 3rd rate carrier. One of my recent orders got hung up in transit so on day 5-6 I got on their chat service to complain. They asked what I wanted and I said ship another order at no charge overnight and they obliged. The original order arrived a week later.

My normal order is 20 sleeves so it was a free 2 months of coffee. Given the amount I’ve spent in the last 10 years it’s the least they could do. So they know it sucks. If you are a regular/long term customer they’ll bend over backwards to keep you on the teat.
Thanks for the advice. I called the 1-800 number this morning to complain and got the same promise of an overnight delivery. Unfortunately, the choice of delivery service is up to the warehouse and I could be in the same situation next week. If that happens, the next step is to go to Twitter and call @Nespresso and @NespressoUSA out. That generally gets a corporation's attention really quickly.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MIL died, quietly in her sleep. She was a difficult woman whose selfish choices cost her daughters a lot of heartache (and money). Won't put it all on her as think she was an undiagnosed/unacknowledged schizophrenic who went looking for something to help account for her problematic engagement with reality. Anyway, RIP and good luck in the Blue Dimensions.
This is the healthiest way to look at it, I think, especially now. Maybe I'm naïve, but I think people usually are doing the best they can under their particular circumstances. Hope all involved can find peace now.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw Nespresso. I saved a trip to the Boutique by placing an Amazon order for delivery this afternoon. God bless Jeff Bezos.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Screw Nespresso. I saved a trip to the Boutique by placing an Amazon order for delivery this afternoon. God bless Jeff Bezos.
But you don't get the samples or limited editions

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are definitely cases where it is the best outcome for all concerned, including the decedent.

Well, she's definitely not suffering anymore (I'm not callously saying this).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My imaginary friend (Maurice) moved to California.

My parents and sister used to give me **** in preschool ("how's your imaginary friend doing?" "Remember when you had an imaginary friend?") about him.
I gave your sister **** for getting stuck in an appliance and under the bed.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought Steve Earle’s tribute album to Guy Clarke. Desperadoes Waiting For A Train is hitting different today. Living in this ******* dusty ass town again for a few months. Hearing a song written by a man from Monahans sing about the tough, mean bastards that scratched a life out here. We all ate the same ******* dust. His mean old bastard happened to love him.

That song always reminds me of my grandfather. He was a wire line truck operator his entire life until he retired. He raised a company man. West Texas flattens everything around it. It flattens men until you’re just like everyone and everything around you. Sometimes I think the up and down of the pump jacks are just countless hammer blows on an anvil for everything around them.

My grandfather was a tough bastard raised by a man named Fritz who fought through Europe in a wolverine tank destroyer. His brother spent his entire life in the prison system. My grandfather went to A&M when it was non-gender integrated and segregated. He was on track to be an army officer, but got his future wife pregnant. That was that for his chance at college and the army. I still laugh at the army being a way out and chance at a better life.

I went to A&M and I did the corps. I did well in the corps. My senior year I came home for a break in school. My grandfather’s health had always been precarious. He rolled his own cigarettes in mass and smoked them that way too. He was finally dying. He was bed ridden and on oxygen. In fact he tried to use a welder’s bottle of oxygen instead of the one the hospital gave him because it was cheaper. I took my brother out there to see him one last time before he died.

The man was in bad shape, yellow, shallow of breath, he was clearly dying. I sat next to his bed side to chat with him one last time. We held hands and he looked at my class ring. He asked if he could wear it since he never earned his. Of course I would oblige his dying wish. He held it up on his finger and looked at me. He said “I never thought you’d make it through” there wasn’t pride on his face or happiness. I looked at him and I said “Well I did and that’s my ring you’re wearing” I think back sometimes and think **** that bitter old man. I pity him at times. I don’t think he knew any better. I’m also not sure this place gave him much of a chance.
A crazy bull riding friend of mine used to get drunk and climb up on barstool and recite this for everyone there. Nobody quite knew why Kenny was so attached to this because he was as coonass as they come but bullriders........

The devil wanted a place on Earth, Sort of a summer home
A place to spend his vacation, whenever he wanted to roam.
So he picked out Texas, A place both wretched and rough
Where the climate was to his liking and the cowboys hardened and tough.
He dried up the streams in the canyons, and ordered no rain to fall
He dried up the lakes in the valleys, then baked and scorched it all.
Then over his barren country, He transplanted shrubs from hell.
The cactus, thistle and prickly pear, the climate suited them well.
Now the home was much to his liking, but animal life, he had none.
So he created crawling creatures that all mankind would shun.
First he made the rattlesnake, with its forked poisonous tongue.
Taught it to strike and rattle and how to swallow its young.
Then he made scorpions and lizards and the ugly old horned toad.
He placed spiders of every description, under rocks by the side of the road.
Then he ordered the sun to shine hotter, Hotter and hotter still.
Until even the cactus wilted and the old horned lizard took ill.
Then he gazed on his earthly kingdom, as any creator would
He chuckled a little up his sleeve and admitted that he'd done good.
'Twas summer now and Satan lay, by a prickly pear to rest.
The sweat rolled off his swarthy brow, so he took off his coat and vest.
'By Golly, ' he finally panted, 'I did my job too well,
I'm going back to where I came from, 'cuz Texas is hotter than Hell.'
Author unknown

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have a physician friend that grew up in west Texas. He's really into Jerry Jeff Walker.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought Steve Earle’s tribute album to Guy Clarke. Desperadoes Waiting For A Train is hitting different today. Living in this ******* dusty ass town again for a few months. Hearing a song written by a man from Monahans sing about the tough, mean bastards that scratched a life out here. We all ate the same ******* dust. His mean old bastard happened to love him.

That song always reminds me of my grandfather. He was a wire line truck operator his entire life until he retired. He raised a company man. West Texas flattens everything around it. It flattens men until you’re just like everyone and everything around you. Sometimes I think the up and down of the pump jacks are just countless hammer blows on an anvil for everything around them.

My grandfather was a tough bastard raised by a man named Fritz who fought through Europe in a wolverine tank destroyer. His brother spent his entire life in the prison system. My grandfather went to A&M when it was non-gender integrated and segregated. He was on track to be an army officer, but got his future wife pregnant. That was that for his chance at college and the army. I still laugh at the army being a way out and chance at a better life.

I went to A&M and I did the corps. I did well in the corps. My senior year I came home for a break in school. My grandfather’s health had always been precarious. He rolled his own cigarettes in mass and smoked them that way too. He was finally dying. He was bed ridden and on oxygen. In fact he tried to use a welder’s bottle of oxygen instead of the one the hospital gave him because it was cheaper. I took my brother out there to see him one last time before he died.

The man was in bad shape, yellow, shallow of breath, he was clearly dying. I sat next to his bed side to chat with him one last time. We held hands and he looked at my class ring. He asked if he could wear it since he never earned his. Of course I would oblige his dying wish. He held it up on his finger and looked at me. He said “I never thought you’d make it through” there wasn’t pride on his face or happiness. I looked at him and I said “Well I did and that’s my ring you’re wearing” I think back sometimes and think **** that bitter old man. I pity him at times. I don’t think he knew any better. I’m also not sure this place gave him much of a chance.
Suggestion for the eventual audiobook narrator:

1615073169247.png

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am livid when I see Nespresso ships via that 3rd rate carrier. One of my recent orders got hung up in transit so on day 5-6 I got on their chat service to complain. They asked what I wanted and I said ship another order at no charge overnight and they obliged. The original order arrived a week later.

My normal order is 20 sleeves so it was a free 2 months of coffee. Given the amount I’ve spent in the last 10 years it’s the least they could do. So they know it sucks. If you are a regular/long term customer they’ll bend over backwards to keep you on the teat.
Same thing happened for me. I complained on Saturday and a customer rep had a replacement order sent out overnight. That shipment arrived a few hour ago. Then my original order arrived a few minutes ago. I feel a little bit guilty that I received 24 sleeves for the price of 12, but I figure Nespresso makes several billion dollars a year. What's the cost of 12 sleeves to make a long-time customer happy?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened for me. I complained on Saturday and a customer rep had a replacement order sent out overnight. That shipment arrived a few hour ago. Then my original order arrived a few minutes ago. I feel a little bit guilty that I received 24 sleeves for the price of 12, but I figure Nespresso makes several billion dollars a year. What's the cost of 12 sleeves to make a long-time customer happy?

My wife's whole family uses Nespresso and my wife's machine started making a noise shortly after getting it. I forget if we sent it back to get fixed or what but somehow Nespresso said keep the old machine and shipped us a new one. Similar to you, the day the new one arrived, the old one stopped making a noise so we have a brand new machine just hanging out still in the box. I bet they check your purchase history and realize you spend $X per year so comping a machine is worth it. I have a $50 Krups that works just fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads