• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edina, don’t you already have like 10 other threads you created expressly for the purpose of housing your shitpoasts?
On a Friday night with ed, EVERY thread becomes the drunk posting thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Edina, don’t you already have like 10 other threads you created expressly for the purpose of housing your shitpoasts?
hey kksssssssssss my as

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought Steve Earle’s tribute album to Guy Clarke. Desperadoes Waiting For A Train is hitting different today. Living in this ******* dusty ass town again for a few months. Hearing a song written by a man from Monahans sing about the tough, mean bastards that scratched a life out here. We all ate the same ******* dust. His mean old bastard happened to love him.

That song always reminds me of my grandfather. He was a wire line truck operator his entire life until he retired. He raised a company man. West Texas flattens everything around it. It flattens men until you’re just like everyone and everything around you. Sometimes I think the up and down of the pump jacks are just countless hammer blows on an anvil for everything around them.

My grandfather was a tough bastard raised by a man named Fritz who fought through Europe in a wolverine tank destroyer. His brother spent his entire life in the prison system. My grandfather went to A&M when it was non-gender integrated and segregated. He was on track to be an army officer, but got his future wife pregnant. That was that for his chance at college and the army. I still laugh at the army being a way out and chance at a better life.

I went to A&M and I did the corps. I did well in the corps. My senior year I came home for a break in school. My grandfather’s health had always been precarious. He rolled his own cigarettes in mass and smoked them that way too. He was finally dying. He was bed ridden and on oxygen. In fact he tried to use a welder’s bottle of oxygen instead of the one the hospital gave him because it was cheaper. I took my brother out there to see him one last time before he died.

The man was in bad shape, yellow, shallow of breath, he was clearly dying. I sat next to his bed side to chat with him one last time. We held hands and he looked at my class ring. He asked if he could wear it since he never earned his. Of course I would oblige his dying wish. He held it up on his finger and looked at me. He said “I never thought you’d make it through” there wasn’t pride on his face or happiness. I looked at him and I said “Well I did and that’s my ring you’re wearing” I think back sometimes and think **** that bitter old man. I pity him at times. I don’t think he knew any better. I’m also not sure this place gave him much of a chance.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that, Bhowie.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nespresso online shipping generally takes a day or two after my order to arrive. My most recent online order was nine days ago and it's stuck in limbo somewhere in DC, probably due to Nespresso using a sketchy delivery service rather than UPS or USPS. I have to make a trip to the Nespresso boutique tomorrow to avoid being cranky in the morning.

I am livid when I see Nespresso ships via that 3rd rate carrier. One of my recent orders got hung up in transit so on day 5-6 I got on their chat service to complain. They asked what I wanted and I said ship another order at no charge overnight and they obliged. The original order arrived a week later.

My normal order is 20 sleeves so it was a free 2 months of coffee. Given the amount I’ve spent in the last 10 years it’s the least they could do. So they know it sucks. If you are a regular/long term customer they’ll bend over backwards to keep you on the teat.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the most meta thing ever. Why are you hibbeldy about this? Because he is growing up? Or he knows the friend doesn't exist and still engages with him?

Now that I think about imaginary friends I will tell you how mine ended because it is a bit...weird.

I used to blame my imaginary friend Mr. Monster for lots of things (messes, behaving badly, whatever) so my mom said that mr. Monster can't live with us any more if he is doing all of these things, so one day I do so ething and I blame Mr. Monster for it. So she opened up the front door, thanked me. Monster for hanging out with me, but that it was time for him to go. She kept the door open a minute, then closed it and told me Mr monster left and he can't come back.

I was like 3 or 4, this story was told to me by her. I don't know man, seems a bit odd. But perhaps it explains many things.
You were the little kid from Insidious?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My five year old boy just told me his imaginary friend doesn‘t exist.
My imaginary friend (Maurice) moved to California.

My parents and sister used to give me **** in preschool ("how's your imaginary friend doing?" "Remember when you had an imaginary friend?") about him.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MIL died, quietly in her sleep. She was a difficult woman whose selfish choices cost her daughters a lot of heartache (and money). Won't put it all on her as think she was an undiagnosed/unacknowledged schizophrenic who went looking for something to help account for her problematic engagement with reality. Anyway, RIP and good luck in the Blue Dimensions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads