• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't knock em till you try em

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate meatloaf and ketchup is gross.

ketchup is a weird one. it's super tangy and also super sweet. i'm pretty much off it these days, maybe that'll change at some point idk

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How I manage to lock myself out of my home twice in two weeks. Now I'm looking at around $200 for a door repair (on top of the original $120 for a locksmith who subsequently damaged the door necessitating this repair) or multiple of that to replace the now discontinued hardware.

It's been fixed! Paid an extra $169 for another locksmith to come in (4 days later) and fix the damaged lock. Apparently I would have been out up to $800 to get another proper looking lock to fit the door. The door is nice though. #winning

Modern lock that doesn't need a key?

HOA rules bruh. All the door handles/locks got to look the same. There's an option to get a different deadbolt but that would've been ~$400. But I was like "I don't want to stand out!" so everything worked out.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate meatloaf and ketchup is gross.
ketchup is a weird one. it's super tangy and also super sweet. i'm pretty much off it these days, maybe that'll change at some point idk

Meatloaf often has ketchup as ingredient (not just on it). I am mostly a no meatloaf-mo, but the dish can be elevated to very high levels occasionally. It's mostly done horribly, however.

Ketchup on a burger is good. It ought to be mixed with mustard IMHO, not left on its own. Mayo is perhaps a better condiment objectively, but it lacks a certain American splendor that the classic ketchup/mustard combo has.

@Omega Male et al. Anybody have any sauces or concoctions that they put on burgers? For instance, I wonder what would be the best way to replicate a McDonald's quarter pounder kind of sauce.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ketchup on a burger is good. It ought to be mixed with mustard IMHO, not left on its own. Mayo is perhaps a better condiment objectively, but it lacks a certain American splendor that the classic ketchup/mustard combo has.

@Omega Male et al. Anybody have any sauces or concoctions that they put on burgers? For instance, I wonder what would be the best way to replicate a McDonald's quarter pounder kind of sauce.
Almost all the burger sauces are mayo based. Add ketchup, pickle relish and vinegar for In-N-Out. Micky Ds also throws in French dressing and onion powder, allegedly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads