• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy ****. Facebook Marketplace people really ******* blow. "Okay let's meet at the Starbucks" and then never ******* show. Then I get a message, "Hey can you meet me at my house?"--on the other end of ******* town? I'm not a delivery service, you come to me.

I'm glad I'm a big dude who lives in a building with a public lobby (doorman, security camera, etc.)

I never feel any risk selling crap or having people know where I live or meeting people alone. Its not like I am asking you to come look at something in my garage while you secretly case the place. You call when you arrive, I come down with the item, you look at it, we transact.

I also take a pretty hardline "first person here gets it" approach most of the time. I won't hold it for you, and I will tell you straight up that if you want to come tomorrow but someone else can come tonight...they get it. Most I will do is say "text me when you are on your way" and I'll stop responding to messages until they've had time to arrive and look at it.

I've bought a few things from people who live in houses in the suburbs and its always this game of "lets meet at this mcdonalds"...I'm sure they live right around the corner, but I'd be too lazy for that ****...anything not high-dollar is just going to the thrift store.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Inglewood Inglewood always up to no good.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A kid, aged 20, just died a few hours ago. A horrific car accident. He was my oldest boy's good friend, in the same class. His mom is a few years older than me and I've known her and her family since the 80's, basically my whole life. Our two families have been friends for over three generations (our moms also know each other) and we've all grown up together.

Really sweet kid, he used to watch our house whenever we took a vacation. The dog loved him. Super hard working and good-natured.

RIP Kyle.
So the **** sandwich on top of all this is that doctors said he could have been saved if he had received medical attention sooner. His GF was driving and they crashed a bit after midnight. She had two broken legs and crawled back up to the road where she attempted to flag down help. It took her three hours before someone stopped. She was in the middle of the road trying to get someone to help but car after car drove by.

Now, I get that seeing a crazy looking girl in the middle of the night as you race by at 80 mph might not make you want to stop. But did no-one even think to call the police? And it was one young girl in obvious distress, does no-one have any sense of social obligation anymore?

Please people, if any good can come from this, try to help someone in their time of need. Don't assume it's somebody else's responsibility. You are that "someone else."

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the **** sandwich on top of all this is that doctors said he could have been saved if he had received medical attention sooner. His GF was driving and they crashed a bit after midnight. She had two broken legs and crawled back up to the road where she attempted to flag down help. It took her three hours before someone stopped. She was in the middle of the road trying to get someone to help but car after car drove by.

Now, I get that seeing a crazy looking girl in the middle of the night as you race by at 80 mph might not make you want to stop. But did no-one even think to call the police? And it was one young girl in obvious distress, does no-one have any sense of social obligation anymore?

Please people, if any good can come from this, try to help someone in their time of need. Don't assume it's somebody else's responsibility. You are that "someone else."
This is such bullahit. Society is full of ****.

On the other hand as well, if I were a doctor, I would NEVER tell someone that "well, they could have been fine if....". Thank you for making it worse mr. Doctor person.

As a parent, I am 10000% convinced that if a doctor said something like that where they give me an alternate where things would have been fine, they would be getting a fist to the face immediately. This whole situation is ******* terrible and I feel so bad for you guys

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, it really did open up a fucked up "what if" universe that made the whole thing hit hard again.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear god, I am doing a fiber challenge and taking CVS Metamucil equivalent. I am supposed to be at 3 packets a day, I am only doing 1 to work up to it. All in all I am feeling good, and no issues, but OH DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS THE FARTS ARE TERRIBLE. It is like having a sewer pipe for an asshole. I fear I may have to burn the couches

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dear god, I am doing a fiber challenge and taking CVS Metamucil equivalent. I am supposed to be at 3 packets a day, I am only doing 1 to work up to it. All in all I am feeling good, and no issues, but OH DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS THE FARTS ARE TERRIBLE. It is like having a sewer pipe for an asshole. I fear I may have to burn the couches
what is a 'fiber challenge'?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is a 'fiber challenge'?
Metamucli advertises the 2 week fiber challenge on the radio. Basically, it is take the recommended doses of Fiber for 2 weeks and see improved health, bowels, get rid of excess waste (not sure i buy this one) etc. I am working towards the 3 pouches a day... good god though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads