• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
woke up at 4:30, wide awake, and now I'm craving pizza. didn't drink last night.

alexa am I pregnant?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I agree. A transfusion is often a lifesaver. But sometimes people decide they don't want to be saved, for a variety of reasons, and it's their right to refuse treatment.

No disagreement here, except for the weird choice of "comply" as a description of a person choosing to accept medical care.

Was this directed at me? How is this "hitting back"?
She wants the transfusion, only "the friend" is pressuring the couple to not do it. I find it (him) highly malicious.
While I do understand that religious groups have their practices. I would think that preserving a mother's life would be the cornerstone of each.
It is the cornerstone of mine.
Starting with Joseph.

And if JC walked around a hospital these days? He'd be all about it. Giving hugs to the staff and thanking them. Sitting with patients for a few minutes to counsel them. Supporting the efforts to heal and serve the community.

Well, that is my belief. We are all entitled to our own.
I do not mock or disparage anyone's beliefs. They are yours.
But now you know my beliefs you can perhaps understand my consternation.

I am Jibbeldy AF over this.

However, i do respect the dialogue we have had so far, and appreciate how cordial it has been. So thank you.
Truly.

You guys are alright, even if i'm out of shape over this.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
woke up at 4:30, wide awake, and now I'm craving pizza. didn't drink last night.

alexa am I pregnant?
would imply you got laid so no

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
How the hell did I wind up on their mailing list?

Ed, was this your doing?
FE4047C9-1490-4A6E-A55A-19C8EB0AF1BE.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Dammit, I can't find the right piece of software to edit in some text over a cut and paste picture in Word. Just need to figure out how to arc text (Word Art I'm sure somehow) and then get it into the pic as I need it to be. Has to be 15 years since I tried to do something like this. Software manipulation is such a perishable skill. :(

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** my sister had two duis and the attendant suspensions. One time she got pulled over while suspended AND dui but for whatever reason they didn't test her so she got away with it. But the kicker was that she had some coke in her pocket (miami kind not Atlanta kind) and somehow while cuffed got it out and hidden in the backseat. Anyway lots of times where her life could be ruined by the state instead of just by her.

DUH!

878_450.gif

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She wants the transfusion, only "the friend" is pressuring the couple to not do it. I find it (him) highly malicious.
Ohhhhh. This is a totally different scenario. Yeah, the "friend" needs to respect the patient's personal wishes. Yikes.
While I do understand that religious groups have their practices. I would think that preserving a mother's life would be the cornerstone of each.
Starting with Joseph.

And if JC walked around a hospital these days? He'd be all about it. Giving hugs to the staff and thanking them. Sitting with patients for a few minutes to counsel them. Supporting the efforts to heal and serve the community.

However, i do respect the dialogue we have had so far, and appreciate how cordial it has been. So thank you.
Truly.

Yeah, if a person were receiving pressure from anyone about what to do with his or her healthcare, that would bother me as well.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting with Joseph.

Truly.

John Lennon's "Imagine" is super relevant here...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
He actually sounds like he’s quoting “Lightning Crashes” by Live in the post above yours

My exact thought.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Certain member of my wife’s family do not watch sports except for playoffs, yet love to proclaim their opinions (criticisms) whenever they’re watching. It’s the most ignorant **** too

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, no one has dumber opinions about baseball than professional baseball players

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, no one has dumber opinions about baseball than professional baseball players
Bear's got a pretty ******* dumb one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads