• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We’re doing a presentation at work where we’ve decided to all film the video in white denim jackets. I had no clue how difficult it is to find a men’s white denim jacket in October :facepalm:
You can score a quick adequate cheapy on Amazon.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
There's a pretty good chance the husband is a JW as well.

Your language here is interesting. In the US, at least, all health care is provided with "informed consent" only. It's not the patient's job to "comply" with anyone. People here have the right to turn down health care for any reason or no reason at all, even if it leads to the person's death.

Yeah, but even in the land of FREEDUMBZ, "non-compliant" is a thing in healthcare. Non-compliant patients are not well liked patients and the system's ethos is still very much one of following the physician's orders or you're basically a bad patient. And don't get me going on "informed consent" and how hollow that really is in reality.

To TV's case though a JW is simply not going to take a blood transfusion no matter who dies. Detroit has a healthy population of them and I'd see them in the local hospitals all the time. Just like a compliant Mormon (which I believe you know more about than I do) is not going to take a narcotic.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re doing a presentation at work where we’ve decided to all film the video in white denim jackets. I had no clue how difficult it is to find a men’s white denim jacket in October :facepalm:

gigolo agency?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tbh I think this all came about because my teammates are mostly women and they all already have white denim jackets...

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should put them in their place by wearing white jeans too.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LPT: Do not marry someone with a steel-trap memory.

I baked some chocolate chip cookies tonight. They came out well, but not perfect. I said something like, "you know these would be better if I used dark brown sugar instead of light brown. That's what my mom used."

My wife reminded me that, when she and I were first dating a dozen or so years ago, she baked me chocolate chip cookies, and I said, "you know these would be better if you used dark brown sugar instead of light brown. That's what my mom used."

Hey... at least I'm consistent.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I baked some chocolate chip cookies tonight. They came out well, but not perfect. I said something like, "you know these would be better if I used dark brown sugar instead of light brown. That's what my mom used."

My wife reminded me that, when she and I were first dating a dozen or so years ago, she baked me chocolate chip cookies, and I said, "you know these would be better if you used dark brown sugar instead of light brown. That's what my mom used."

My grown kid's most used phrase around me:

"yeah, I know, you've told me that before"

brokencycle

Reaction score

LPT: dark brown sugar is always better.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3sixteen has a sick ecru/white denim jackets right now

iu

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but even in the land of FREEDUMBZ, "non-compliant" is a thing in healthcare. Non-compliant patients are not well liked patients and the system's ethos is still very much one of following the physician's orders or you're basically a bad patient. And don't get me going on "informed consent" and how hollow that really is in reality.
Oh, sure, I agree. HC workers definitely don't like/want to work with people who aren't willing to take their advice or make their jobs easier. Informed consent is one of those things that sounds good when you're a first-year law student, but the real world is a lot messier than that. Even so, everyone, at least in theory, has the right to refuse medical care of any kind.

To TV's case though a JW is simply not going to take a blood transfusion no matter who dies. Detroit has a healthy population of them and I'd see them in the local hospitals all the time. Just like a compliant Mormon (which I believe you know more about than I do) is not going to take a narcotic.
We'll take narcotics if they are prescribed by a physician. We're not fans of drugs of any kind, but if they're medically indicated we're not going to turn them down for religious reasons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads