• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have IT Band Syndrome. Woke up in the middle of the night with knee pain and today it is pretty bad. I stepped up the rowing yesterday and I think I flared it up. Is ice the only thing I can really do? How long will this last because this is terrible. I have acupuncture scheduled for later, which Jonas thinks I should still go to despite having to take a car to get there. I also have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow, which I made last week. This exercise **** is bullshit.

I have a message gun, with a stall rate I can't even come close to hitting, and those things are painful and magical on an IT band.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I have IT Band Syndrome. Woke up in the middle of the night with knee pain and today it is pretty bad. I stepped up the rowing yesterday and I think I flared it up. Is ice the only thing I can really do? How long will this last because this is terrible. I have acupuncture scheduled for later, which Jonas thinks I should still go to despite having to take a car to get there. I also have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow, which I made last week. This exercise **** is bullshit.
I had it a long time ago from cycling.
I was sent for multiple treatments of Rolfing, which hurt, way worse than the IT band pain.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I have, and the description that it is NOT QUITE is very, very accurate. The thing is near impossible to stall.

81SXo57cm0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
But this is on the knee itself, the lower end of the band. Maybe it is a LCL issue, but based on reading it seems more like the IT Band. Do I just ice the thing and hope for the best? This is quite bad, I couldn't row with this if I wanted to.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But this is on the knee itself, the lower end of the band. Maybe it is a LCL issue, but based on reading it seems more like the IT Band. Do I just ice the thing and hope for the best? This is quite bad, I couldn't row with this if I wanted to.

Ice and hard foam roller will also help. Lay on your side and roll on the hip.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The way it was explained to me at the time was that fascia is making the IT band stick to your muscle instead of moving independently. So when you exercise, every time the muscle fires, it tugs on the band. You get inflammation and tears at the connection point. You have to bust up the fascia.
Meet up with Bear, and let him use the love gun on you...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a bunch of my fave 50s blues tunes are now used to flog pharma boo

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
TWSS!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Short term: nothing beats RICE* plus Vitamin I by the handful.

Medium term: stretching and foam rollers.

Long term: PT and gait analysis (rowing analysis?), recurrent IT band pain usually indicates that there’s something hinky in your biomechanics.

* RICE = Rest Ice Compression Elevation

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a theragun, which seems similar to bear’s contraption except mine looks like a triangle musical instrument. It truly is magical. Better than foam rolling, which also works well. People (including myself) also never stretch out their IT bands before exercising

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me: I received explanation of benefits from two insurance companies showing oayments made in May and June.

Doctor: Our records show payment was rescinded in January.

Me: I have recieved EOBs showing payment half a year past January! Both the insurance companies told me over the phone, that the payments in May and June were valid and not resinded.

Doctor: Our records show you have an account balance of xxxxx.

Me: .....

So now I email some rando some EOBs and see what happens. Just bullshit to deal with thia ****.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a theragun, which seems similar to bear’s contraption except mine looks like a triangle musical instrument. It truly is magical. Better than foam rolling, which also works well. People (including myself) also never stretch out their IT bands before exercising

I got mine on the cheap, around $150 when this model was selling for $250 and above, before I knew a single thing about them. I just remember thinking "**** these things are loud." I had no idea they have silent, or relatively silent, ones.

Me: I received explanation of benefits from two insurance companies showing oayments made in May and June.

Doctor: Our records show payment was rescinded in January.

Me: I have recieved EOBs showing payment half a year past January! Both the insurance companies told me over the phone, that the payments in May and June were valid and not resinded.

Doctor: Our records show you have an account balance of xxxxx.

Me: .....

So now I email some rando some EOBs and see what happens. Just bullshit to deal with thia ****.

Sounds like freedom of choice to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads