• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been hired because I asked the right questions in the interview and I'll hire people for the same reason. The advice I always give people going through an interview process: learn their business well enough to ask the question(s) that they need to ask themselves. Bonus points if they haven't thought of it already.

For my present job I called up several friends who are customers to ask the strengths and weaknesses of the product and was equipped with a list of questions before I spoke with anyone on the team.
This is 100% true, but there are a lot of people who interpret that advice as “ask questions that have been carefully crafted for no other reason than to make me look smart and i really don’t actually care about the answer”, and force me to continually field random questions about corporate strategy. *****, you’re being hired to **** out spreadsheets, you don’t need to give a **** about what keeps the CEO up at night

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ASS - imilated amirite!!
93F08EDE-540F-4337-A95E-350792D229D6.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the role now, or who was formerly in the role, who you could ask to outline the pros and cons of the job?

I've been hired because I asked the right questions in the interview and I'll hire people for the same reason. The advice I always give people going through an interview process: learn their business well enough to ask the question(s) that they need to ask themselves. Bonus points if they haven't thought of it already.

For my present job I called up several friends who are customers to ask the strengths and weaknesses of the product and was equipped with a list of questions before I spoke with anyone on the team.
the person recently in the role was just promoted to the person in charge of the group. He was there for a while. It’s a tricky situation. The pros are he’s a great person who I’d really enjoy working for. Talking to some people in the company about this has calmed my nerves quite and bit and some intel has informed me he is most interested in somebody who is excited for the position not necessarily a clone of himself. I think I can show that.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At 630 there about 50 rounds fired at a gas station about a half mile from my house. Neighborhood fb group said there were more at 730. Just now saw the cops walking someone past my house in handcuffs.

So i live in gangland atm.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At 630 there about 50 rounds fired at a gas station about a half mile from my house. Neighborhood fb group said there were more at 730. Just now saw the cops walking someone past my house in handcuffs.

I would open my windows and start blaring NWA.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's this woman in my group who is a very loud nose breather. On top of that, at home she must have a hyper-sensitive headset setup, because the only thing I hear when she is on a call is her whistling, squeaky nose. It is driving me ******* crazy.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's always interesting to read about crime news reports because a day-time shooting of even multiple rounds ought to be a traumatic or major event but in the US it's....eh just another day. Also, it's funny how much we know just by the proximity of the crime and yet because there's no motive and no one really to talk to the news can't really say that much.

https://www.cbs46.com/news/police-several-apartments-damaged-when-groups-of-men-opened-fire-at-each-other/article_e5570648-a6f5-11ea-80b4-77260b6e3ea8.html

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
There's this woman in my group who is a very loud nose breather. On top of that, at home she must have a hyper-sensitive headset setup, because the only thing I hear when she is on a call is her whistling, squeaky nose. It is driving me ******* crazy.

If you get the promotion can you fire her?

It's always interesting to read about crime news reports because a day-time shooting of even multiple rounds ought to be a traumatic or major event but in the US it's....eh just another day. Also, it's funny how much we know just by the proximity of the crime and yet because there's no motive and no one really to talk to the news can't really say that much.

https://www.cbs46.com/news/police-several-apartments-damaged-when-groups-of-men-opened-fire-at-each-other/article_e5570648-a6f5-11ea-80b4-77260b6e3ea8.html

What’s the word on the street, yo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads