• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the issue is I don't know how to prepare for this role past what I already know.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the issue is I don't know how to prepare for this role past what I already know.

"I know this role does X and Y as I have interacted with the team in this capacity. What else blah blah blah..." The more I work in my current role, the more I see curiosity as a good trait in a candidate. I can teach tasks as companies vary but I cannot make someone curious which is driving me mad currently.

Good lord how can texmex induce me to eat so much ******* food

Save your run until after texmex in which case you can binge then purge.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but you are Booth, just be on point booth. and roll the dice.you didn't ask for this, but whatever. i think being the you that was recommended will seem more real than those who switched up their game. scrutineers are not so shallow.
Even if you don't get it, the person/people interviewing you could say....pB would be great in another role/promotion going fwd. If you just "wing it", they may say....wow....he didn't even try.
I see curiosity as a good trait in a candidate. I can teach tasks as companies vary but I cannot make someone curious which is driving me mad currently.
I'd say that these are the most solid advices.
DISCLAIMER My ex says I'm a loser, so before considering my opinion be aware of that!

teh Booth can be bought!
Hat off for this!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ob boy, HR email went out that I am interviewing. My boss cc'd. This is always stressful... Mind you, one person in our group is going out of maternity leave and another is being borrowed by another group for 6 months. The other is very siloed. My poor boss, if I get this...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol 'date'. you old fox.

the last few months have been pain. i took an injury (nowhere near ******) that i don't think i can heal. cancer stuff. not sure how I'm going to deal with this in the long term it's gotten to be real jibbledy.

hate to bring it up. gotta scream it out every now and then.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Here's to hoping you can get it to heal.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
So, I do work with the group very often. I was already on two calls with the guy who would be hiring me this morning. I have known him for almost a decade so it some ways it is awkward, but there's always stuff in a job that you don't know about and that's the stuff I am a bit afraid of.

The job is different, in some ways easier, in some ways harder. It doesn't go against any ethical code. Furthermore if there's one thing you must know about teh Booth, is teh Booth can be bought!

Is there anyone in the role now, or who was formerly in the role, who you could ask to outline the pros and cons of the job?

"I know this role does X and Y as I have interacted with the team in this capacity. What else blah blah blah..." The more I work in my current role, the more I see curiosity as a good trait in a candidate. I can teach tasks as companies vary but I cannot make someone curious which is driving me mad currently.

Save your run until after texmex in which case you can binge then purge.

I've been hired because I asked the right questions in the interview and I'll hire people for the same reason. The advice I always give people going through an interview process: learn their business well enough to ask the question(s) that they need to ask themselves. Bonus points if they haven't thought of it already.

For my present job I called up several friends who are customers to ask the strengths and weaknesses of the product and was equipped with a list of questions before I spoke with anyone on the team.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads