• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm worried about my September wedding.

On the plus side...we haven't actually signed a contract with the venue or invited anyone...we might keep it that way.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm worried about my September wedding.

On the plus side...we haven't actually signed a contract with the venue or invited anyone...we might keep it that way.
What kind of venue were you looking for that you can book this last minute?

Your problem now is that you're going to be competing with everyone rescheduling their weddings from this spring/summer.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Save money, brah.

It was already just going to be a party in an event space at a small brewery...no formal ceremony and "catering" consisting of buffet food from local restaurants (although unlike most informal weddings...none of this groom wearing khakis and no jacket ****)

I know people who have had more lavish birthday parties...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What kind of venue were you looking for that you can book this last minute?

Your problem now is that you're going to be competing with everyone rescheduling their weddings from this spring/summer.

See above--it was a small brewery that we've actually been talking to for a while. Their event bookings were handled by the sister of one of the owners and we were close to a contract when something happened and she had to go on a medical leave of absence. They scrambled for a while to hire someone to run their events and did eventually get back to us, but their new person had basically redesigned all of their offerings (or rather...made a first design since everything before was pretty ad-hoc). So last I heard they were holding the date for us, but I haven't reached back out since the lockdown began.

It would be pretty unprofessional of them to give the date away without coming back to us, but I'm not exactly in a hurry to pester them about signing a contract since we don't know if September is going to be a good time.

I'm sure they are in a panic too...doing pickup/delivery orders, but that's got to be hard when you are a small brewery (no real food) that does a lot of business either via your own tap room or selling kegs to other bars with pretty limited packaged distribution.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually go to Europe at least once a year. I’ve already accepted that I won’t be going this year. Probably just means more money saved this year for next time.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See above--it was a small brewery that we've actually been talking to for a while. Their event bookings were handled by the sister of one of the owners and we were close to a contract when something happened and she had to go on a medical leave of absence. They scrambled for a while to hire someone to run their events and did eventually get back to us, but their new person had basically redesigned all of their offerings (or rather...made a first design since everything before was pretty ad-hoc). So last I heard they were holding the date for us, but I haven't reached back out since the lockdown began.

It would be pretty unprofessional of them to give the date away without coming back to us, but I'm not exactly in a hurry to pester them about signing a contract since we don't know if September is going to be a good time.

I'm sure they are in a panic too...doing pickup/delivery orders, but that's got to be hard when you are a small brewery (no real food) that does a lot of business either via your own tap room or selling kegs to other bars with pretty limited packaged distribution.
Which brewery?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs GF and I had planed to go to Japan in September. Then with the plague we thought that we could go back in the spring next year...then the Olympics came out and said they were staging the games in Spring...SNAFU

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
We'd planned a trip to Italy for May, but by early February it was clear that was almost certainly a pipe dream.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mrs GF and I had planed to go to Japan in September. Then with the plague we thought that we could go back in the spring next year...then the Olympics came out and said they were staging the games in Spring...SNAFU
Last I saw they're working towards July-August 2021.

I was planning on going to the Olympics this summer. If rescheduled to the spring, that probably won't happen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads