• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My employer thinks everyone should be in the office every day or people aren't productive. In fairness, when we have a dusting of snow that closes the office, no works gets done because everyone treats it like a day off.
This is also my Company. They have a strong no work from home stance even in severe weather. It is stupid. they don't care if it takes you 7 hours to get in, you better be there.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the Oakland A's broadcast team has this running joke about weather forecasting, where they go on for like 5 minutes explaining that 'a 70% chance of rain' indicates a 100% chance of 70% of the radar geography gets wet (as opposed to a 70% overall chance that any of the area sees rain)...

i suspect 'i might be gay' is basically the same thing

Weather forecasts bug me. They confuse deterministic and probabilistic forecasts all of the time. It will say tomorrow has a 30% chance of rain. To me that means there is a 70% chance it won't rain tomorrow. You click hourly and it shows a 100% chance of rain at 2pm. Dammit that means it is going to rain tomorrow!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is also my Company. They have a strong no work from home stance even in severe weather.
Ok do we not care anymore about correct usage of air quotes around the term? It’s “work from home” when written and you’re supposed to make the air quotes gesture with your hands when you speak it

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First "out in the wild" coronavirus cases are in NorCal. Looks like we're gonna be the lab rats.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, in the First World you probably want to get this early on in the outbreak if you are going to get sick at all. Before the system is super stressed, so you can get advanced care if you need it. Later on, it's going to be more like the Monty Python "Bring Out Yer Dead" sketch. My parents are old and sick in a nursing home in a country with basically no proper public health resources. Will be very surprised if this doesn't eventually carry them off. :(

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, that's way worse.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Weather forecasts bug me. They confuse deterministic and probabilistic forecasts all of the time. It will say tomorrow has a 30% chance of rain. To me that means there is a 70% chance it won't rain tomorrow. You click hourly and it shows a 100% chance of rain at 2pm. Dammit that means it is going to rain tomorrow!
A Farmer could stand outside, and tell you a more accurate forecast.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you eat a chinchilla?

Never mind. Stupid question. Bears will eat anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads