• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Maybe I haven't impressed on you how ******* cheap my employer is. I don't get to pick the airline: I have to go with the lowest cost. In fact, my flight included one segment that was premium economy because it was $200 cheaper than normal coach the whole way. It was flagged and I required special approval for flying out of policy. My employer would rather I spend more to fly coach and know my place. They certainly won't pay for a lounge pass.
The first week of my former job on the government teat, two lawyers who reported to me had to fly to Las Vegas for a court hearing. One of them is physically disabled. Of the two airlines they could have flown, one had boarding policies that would allow her to board early so as to avoid having to navigate crowded aisles, accidentally bang people on the head with her crutches, etc. The other did not. Tickets on the former were literally $1 more each direction. The government travel system deemed them equivalent flights and as such would only allow the cheaper option to be purchased. I offered to pay the extra $4 to put them on the first carrier, or even to kick in $8 so we could reduce the federal deficit as well. No dice, of course.

brokencycle

Reaction score
the tears of a libertarian complaining about his employer saving money instead of treating him well

they taste like nectar

Except they do generally treat me pretty well. If they didn't, I'd just move on. One can complain about something and not feel the need for big brother to solve the problem.
The first week of my former job on the government teat, two lawyers who reported to me had to fly to Las Vegas for a court hearing. One of them is physically disabled. Of the two airlines they could have flown, one had boarding policies that would allow her to board early so as to avoid having to navigate crowded aisles, accidentally bang people on the head with her crutches, etc. The other did not. Tickets on the former were literally $1 more each direction. The government travel system deemed them equivalent flights and as such would only allow the cheaper option to be purchased. I offered to pay the extra $4 to put them on the first carrier, or even to kick in $8 so we could reduce the federal deficit as well. No dice, of course.

Hurr Durr someone who thinks government is complaining about government stupidity.

Seriously though, that is stupid. My friend works for the government and it doesn't sound that crazy bad anymore. In fact they have a (marginally) higher hotel limit in SF than we do.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Except they do generally treat me pretty well. If they didn't, I'd just move on. One can complain about something and not feel the need for big brother to solve the problem.

Hurr Durr someone who thinks government is complaining about government stupidity.

Seriously though, that is stupid. My friend works for the government and it doesn't sound that crazy bad anymore. In fact they have a (marginally) higher hotel limit in SF than we do.
Some aspects of the system worked fine, and when I had to travel the options and hotel limits were generally not terrible. It was just one of those things where if the peg didn't fit into the system's hole you were out of luck, even if there was a way to make it better serve the goals the system was designed to achieve.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't believe you've managed to politicize travel. The one thing that really should unite us all is hatred of the ******* airlines.

On a totally different topic, my son transferred to an East Coast boarding school for the second semester of freshman year and -- as incredibly annoying as he was (is?) -- the house now seems very empty.

No Bear, I don't want any of yours.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't believe you've managed to politicize travel. The one thing that really should unite us all is hatred of the ******* airlines.

On a totally different topic, my son transferred to an East Coast boarding school for the second semester of freshman year and -- as incredibly annoying as he was (is?) -- the house now seems very empty.

No Bear, I don't want any of yours.

It smart to send them as far as humanly CONUS.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a show told me bears give birth whilst catatonic in hibernation, but the youngins don't 'sleep they just fart around in the cave with their siblings and get milk but the mother is zonked the whole time i guess the father is also zonked in some other lair or cave or whatever

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a show told me bears give birth whilst catatonic in hibernation, but the youngins don't 'sleep they just fart around in the cave with their siblings and get milk but the mother is zonked the whole time i guess the father is also zonked in some other lair or cave or whatever

That's specious.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Get yourself a CC that gives you access to lounges. Also, if you get a CC with a yearly travel bonus stipend, like for extra baggage fees, etc., you can usually use it to pay for access to a lounge. Said CCs will also usually pay for your Global Entry.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is basically how single mother human families were set up as well, in East LA where I spent part of my youths

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A real man cave with no women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics