Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

God, UPS has to be the worst carrier out there. Bought a bunch of shipping supplies online, never received them, asked the seller about a tracking number. Shows the package was delivered (to the wrong address) and signed for by some random person I don't know.

2. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I'd like a Snow Leopard skin rug. Pre-1947.
    The Snow Leopard is my favorite animal. I'm shocked rugs that old even exist, considering it was (and still is) exceedingly rare for humans to come in contact with snow leopards.

3. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]

F U iPhone!

Heh, I spent an evening with an older ex-coworker drinking scotch and moving his contacts from his old phone to his new iPhone. Took a few hours (fucker has a Vista PC), but when it was all said and done he could not have been happier. Works like a charm, he uses the hell out of it, and normal technology scares him.

I think you hate it because it's impervious to your efforts to break it. Unlike my washing machine. [​IMG]

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

I wore shorts today....

+1

Jon.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]

F U iPhone!

You know Norah Jones? I'm impressed!

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

It's just so damn annoying. If it were just a freaking phone, I'd have no problem with it. Unfortunately though, it's an "Apple product". This means that every chance they get, iConsumers are forced by corporate brainwashing to tell me how freakin great it is, and how easy it is to use, and all its great features, and how it will change my life, and etc. Even/especially after I make it clear that I'm not interested in it for a variety of legitimate reasons. Saying you don't like an Apple product is the surest way to get attacked by people who own them. They take it personally, as if you not liking the product is a personal affront to them. It is seriously disturbing.

You'll like this TS. My wife was at a meeting last week. She was getting all her office email, POP3 email, and happily using BB messenger to chat with me during this four hour, boring meeting. Her co-worker was on an iPhone, cursing that she can't get her office mail and my wife says she would type a few words into her IM program, wait for it to update, type a few more, etc. This woman finally had to leave the room and call work as her office email, getting forwarded to whatever push service iPhone uses, was not getting through to her. Or maybe she was trying to pull it and not getting through.

Either way, the iPhone was far outperformed by the BB.

7. imageWIS

God, UPS has to be the worst carrier out there. Bought a bunch of shipping supplies online, never received them, asked the seller about a tracking number. Shows the package was delivered (to the wrong address) and signed for by some random person I don't know.

That sucks, but I think the title of worst carrier goes to DHL.

Jon.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

The Snow Leopard is my favorite animal. I'm shocked rugs that old even exist, considering it was (and still is) exceedingly rare for humans to come in contact with snow leopards.

If they've been preserved properly and maintained, they can last for a long time.

As such, snow leopards even at that time were prized animals. Most of these things tend to be located in England as naturally their colonial enterprises made it possible to hunt the beasts.

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Italian vendors taking a week to respond to simple email queries. Why don't we just use snail mail then?

An acquaintance familiar with doing business there once told me of the Italian business community's slogan: "Italy: We Make Spain Look Organized."

10. GoSurface

GoSurface Distinguished Member

Negro ice all over the streets. I slipped and fell on my ass today.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Either way, the iPhone was far outperformed by the BB.
    This is not news. The number of phones that outperform the iPhone as a phone, business device, texting device, and email/webapp device is extraordinarily long. That being said, I'm not really in love with the BB either.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

normal technology scares him.
    Typical, I dare say.
    There really isn't much more I can do to it to make it function WORSE for what I want it to do. Just because I have yet to brick an iPhone by touching it, doesn't mean it won't happen eventually. I think that comes bundled with one of the future "updates"... Just keep me away from your MBP, MacPro tower, and iMac. I have been known to crash those things.

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

I mistook a 5 for an 8. This error will cost me $500, and moreso, the loss of a rare glimmer of hope and excitement. Not pissed so much as pissy.

14. EL72

EL72 Distinguished Member

Shoveled snow for another couple of hours this morning [​IMG]

It's only Feb. 13 and we've already beaten the record for most snow in the entire month of February with 68 cm so far (that's 27" for you yanks). I now have a 6 foot tall snowbank in front of my house with a solid ice core. It was 15 degrees for a stretch in January and things were looking good... I have vowed (once again) to go live somewhere warmer. Living in this weather really makes no sense. There is no payoff, just added aggravation.

15. imageWIS

... I have vowed (once again) to go live somewhere warmer.

Don't come to Florida...trust me on this. I used to live in North York (when it was still called that) and I would rather live there than here.

Jon.