• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Bentley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Eugh. You do someone a favor and they keep coming back.

A while ago I had a user with major computer problems - home computer problems. Long story short I pull the drive, put it in an enclosure, tell him to take it home and copy everything to his new computer - then bring it all back. Doesn't. I end up having to buy a new enclosure, but he eventually reimburses me.

Then it's a printer he found somewhere. Won't install. Doesn't have internet at home. I dl the drivers and burn to a cd. He struggles, won't install. Back-and-forth. Then he asks me about a laptop. Comes by my office five times over two days to ask the same question, and because his English is really bad...it's just back-and-forth. Getting tired of this crap.

So today he shoots me an email: pictures of his screen when he tried to load the printer. The email has 15 images, each just under 1MB. WTF man? Learn this **** on your own like I had to.

Sometimes you just have to say "no" to people or this is what happens.

No good deed goes unpunished.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been close to a year since I've gotten any poon. This is awful.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
shouldn't have drank that 8th bottle of beer last night...
ffffuuuu.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
It's been close to a year since I've gotten any poon. This is awful.
This is child's play. It gets worse after 18 months.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I bought a $140 roll of paper and it arrived today with humidity damage and the dealer is balking at my request for a refund.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I bought a $140 roll of paper and it arrived today with humidity damage and the dealer is balking at my request for a refund.

So that's what the kids are calling it these days...

I almost got hit by a cab on my bike this morning (like with his side mirror an inch or two from my handlebars and maybe contact with my jacket sleeve). Was going to call 311 and file a report so that when this jackass eventually its someone, it will be on record that he can't drive--but I have forgotten his cab number
ffffuuuu.gif

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boss calls me to say that the big boss got wind from some people that I'm not showing enough leadership down in the Atlanta operation. What the hell do they want, they're in a bloody mess themselves where no act of God is going to save them.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that I would feel at home in Venice Beach because it was supposed to be weird. I love me some Austin, so I thought I would love me some VB. The place is ******* dirty, nasty, and all around uncomfortable. It's not naked jogger weird. It's "No, seriously dude, I don't want any your **** and don't ******* touch me" weird.
ffffuuuu.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
This is child's play. It gets worse after 18 months.

Dude, you're definitely not brother from another mother material if this is your plight.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Court date today didn't go very well. Another case of expectations getting dashed on the rocks of due process.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Court date today didn't go very well. Another case of expectations getting dashed on the rocks of due process.

****. hope it gets better the next round.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in an accident back in October of last year when I rear ended the lady in front of me who decided to stop in the middle of the road to let somebody turn in front of her...
I took it to my local shop, who my family's been going to for 20+ years.
A 10 day repair job took 5 weeks.
So, I get my truck back and drive home, and my battery's dead. Odd since I just replaced it 4 months before. So I take it back to the shop the next morning and they tell me that they apparently forgot to screw down the mainframe, so it kept shorting the battery. Ok...fast forward a month and a half.
My check engine light turns on. I take it to my mechanic and I need a new transmission. So I take it to a ****** shop and the mechanic says, "were you in an accident recently?" They didn't tighten the cables from the ****** line through the radiator, so the fluid leaked out, burning out the transmission.
I get a junkyard transmission for $3k. I pick my truck up last week. I get in my truck to go out tonight and it won't start. Apparently my starter's dead.
The original shop won't stand behind any of their work since it's my fault for driving it with the fluid leak and not bringing it back in - I was supposed to know that they did a shoddy job...
Already dropped over $6k and everything's still not working properly - everything was fine before the accident
ffffuuuu.gif
confused.gif

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
my dog is sick and staying at the vet tonight. For the first time in 10 years I walked by where he sleeps and couldn't say "goodnight rocky".

oh yah and smashed the screen on my iphone 4

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that, oneeightyseven. I've had my dog for 14 years, the better part of my whole life, and can't begin to fathom a day when he's no longer around. I hope for your dog's safe recovery. Good luck.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Really sorry to hear that, oneeightyseven. I've had my dog for 14 years, the better part of my whole life, and can't begin to fathom a day when he's no longer around. I hope for your dog's safe recovery. Good luck.

I really appreciate it. I hope for his recovery as well. I mean, I love the dog to death.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads