• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Nice to have you back N_V7.
I was getting weirded out by 8.

I've never left you.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So when I graduated a few years ago I was given a bottle of a VERY rare and excellent beer, one off type of deal. It was hanging out in my fridge, just aging a little bit. It was going to be at its peak by the time this upcoming birthday rolled around, which I was saving it for.

Well I get home last night see all the beer I had that wasn't anything special got drunk. No biggie except I wanted one. Figured I would do a check to see if maybe it was moved (my dumbass roommates do that) and it wasn't. Whatever, no biggie, i know they will pay me back.

Said, wait a second, I didn't see the rare bottle (which was off to the side, clearly the label has the specific number out of less than 700 handwritten, oh, and I had pointed out to them NOT TO ******* DRINK). The bottle is in the recycling bin to be taken out.

One of the roomies was there, she didn't have it. The one who drank it was the one who went through half a bottle of a rare rum thinking it was tequila (because there are a ton of tequilas that are a dark mahogany color. Did I mention she's a bartender?).

Texted her and was like hey did you drink that bottle? No response. She never waits to respond and she's here at the house.

Only one bottle (and of the wrong year) of the beer she drank on ebay and its paired with another rare beer for $200.

Absolutely livid at the moment.

drum

Reaction score
This is why I'm happy I don't live with roommates anymore.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I must get a larger breaker bar. I need more torque, dammit.

Galvanized pipe trick not working?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's snowing so hard that I can't make out what's 3 feet in front of me.

Mulch Diggums

Reaction score
People who for no reason act rude or insult handicapped people. I can handle if people act rude or insult me because I'm able to defend myself but I feel very sorry for those who are less fortunate and can't.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
What kind of ****** ******* library doesn't have any of the three books I'm looking to check out?

Answer: The library with 15 goddamned copies of The Girl That Kicked Over the Dragon's Hornet Nest Tattoo With Fire.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed, what's the name/year of the beer? I can sometimes find stuff...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
What kind of ****** ******* library doesn't have any of the three books I'm looking to check out?

Answer: The library with 15 goddamned copies of The Girl That Kicked Over the Dragon's Hornet Nest Tattoo With Fire.

Read The Hunger Games in the mean time.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
so last thursday my dad had a heart attack. he went into surgery on friday for a bypass and came out ok. ive never been close to my dad, but its still upsetting. hopefully this will be a wake up call for him to start cleaning up his lifestyle - he's only 53 and he's had some heart trouble for he last couple years. i'm also not happy about what this portends for my own future!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What kind of ****** ******* library doesn't have any of the three books I'm looking to check out? Answer: The library with 15 goddamned copies of The Girl That Kicked Over the Dragon's Hornet Nest Tattoo With Fire.
I often encounter this issue. Intellectuals like you and I are discriminated against by public libraries.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

my local library has 47 copies of 'under the dome' and 0 copies of 'the magic mountain'

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
so last thursday my dad had a heart attack. he went into surgery on friday for a bypass and came out ok. ive never been close to my dad, but its still upsetting. hopefully this will be a wake up call for him to start cleaning up his lifestyle - he's only 53 and he's had some heart trouble for he last couple years. i'm also not happy about what this portends for my own future!

Good luck to you and your family in recovery and rehabilitation.

Heart disease runs in my family as well, which plays a part in why I run consistently. FWIW, a friend I went to HS with had a heart attack last year - all of 39 years old. She blames her sedentary life, and I tend to agree.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
thanks for well wishes, he is doing fine and a full recovery is expected. hopefully he'll take some time to improve his diet and shed some extra weight. also he should probably quit smoking cigars.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads