Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

^ I'm amazed at how little discretion use when talking on their cell phones in public places. I'll be on the bus or train or something and people have no problem indiscreetly airing out their dirty baby mama laundry to the ten people around them. I feel really awkward when people can hear me on the phone.
    +1

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

SF. Anyone else think the forum's been pretty awful lately?

could be better, definitely

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

^ I'm amazed at how little discretion use when talking on their cell phones in public places. I'll be on the bus or train or something and people have no problem indiscreetly airing out their dirty baby mama laundry to the ten people around them. I feel really awkward when people can hear me on the phone.

This irate middle aged woman kept a full gate of people at O'Hare and I entertained when she spent about half a hour berating and screaming at her daughter for throwing a party at their house when she wasn't there. Definitely kept me entertained while I waited to board that flight to London.

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I don't usually get a refund, but I'm getting a small amount back from the IRS this year. I have no intention of saving it and would rather blow it on something ridiculous. I'm thinking this -

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

I don't quite have enough for a pair of cordo Alden shoes, and I've already budgeted for my Strawfuts so this is the only other thing Incan think of that will make me feel better about myself.

5. otc

otc Senior member

Friends pushed back the date for our little "spring break" to be a bit later than I wanted (in addition to switching from going to NOLA to going to boca...)

Today I find out that I could be racing sailboats in France with expenses paid but it overlaps with our florida trip [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Friends pushed back the date for our little "spring break" to be a bit later than I wanted (in addition to switching from going to NOLA to going to boca...)

Today I find out that I could be racing sailboats in France with expenses paid but it overlaps with our florida trip [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ditch your friends. Seriously. They'll get over it.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I don't usually get a refund, but I'm getting a small amount back from the IRS this year. I have no intention of saving it and would rather blow it on something ridiculous. I'm thinking this -

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

I don't quite have enough for a pair of cordo Alden shoes, and I've already budgeted for my Strawfuts so this is the only other thing Incan think of that will make me feel better about myself.

make it vert green and you're good to go

8. otc

otc Senior member

Ditch your friends. Seriously. They'll get over it.

If that were the situation and it was the same friends that I see all the time, I totally would (actually I wouldn't be going in the first place since I wouldn't have sprung for a trip to boca over new orleans).

Unfortunately, this is more like a reunion where we are meeting up with people I haven't seen in a while and I am looking forward to it.

Racing J/80s in France sounds like a lot of fun but it is with some people I don't know all that well and while it would certainly be an interesting experience, it would not be the "fun" trip I need (it is northern france with frigid waters and tough conditions...combine that with a crew full of people who have probably never sailed a keelboat in the ocean and it starts to turn into a pretty brutal week).

If we hadn't pushed the date back out of march...I would be all over doing both (I have been working so much that I am about to hit the cap on vacation accruals) but as it is, I have to say no to a free trip to france.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

SF. Anyone else think the forum's been pretty awful lately?

Hmmm, my dissatisfaction with online fora is starting to grow. Not just this one, too. Can't really tell if it's the fora or me that's the issue.

11. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

SF has been a drink from a flat soda as of late.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Cold and sore throat. I sound like Barry White.

13. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

The answer to "Will Mexican food smothered in cheese sauce make you feel better if you've got the flu?" is a resounding no.

14. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    SF has been a drink from a flat soda as of late.

Cold and sore throat. I sound like Barry White.

The answer to "Will Mexican food smothered in cheese sauce make you feel better if you've got the flu?" is a resounding no.

Ironically, sipping a flat soda might give relief.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I've been drinking lots of sugary juice. I've gone through a carton of Welch's Blueberry Pomegranate Extravafantastico Explosion Sunrise passionjuice in about two days.