Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

that's a good approach.

apparently, they both met at a training last month and discussed something that they wanted from me, and, apparently, promised not to tell me what the others position was. so, the first chance they got, one told me that the other guy was really unhappy about this and that I should fix it to keep him from quitting. so of course I called the other guy, who denied it but was pissed at the first guy. and things have been going to hell since then. one of them got back from a 2 week trip last friday at midnight. monday at 5 pm the other guy calls me to ask why the first guy didn't distribute his trip reports already. that kind of kid shit.

ship both of them out!

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Both approaches sound equally attractive after reading that last missive. Corporate politics and in-fighting never cease to amaze me.

3. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

Can't get my shit together to write my Japanese resume and work history.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

that's a good approach.

apparently, they both met at a training last month and discussed something that they wanted from me, and, apparently, promised not to tell me what the others position was. so, the first chance they got, one told me that the other guy was really unhappy about this and that I should fix it to keep him from quitting. so of course I called the other guy, who denied it but was pissed at the first guy. and things have been going to hell since then. one of them got back from a 2 week trip last friday at midnight. monday at 5 pm the other guy calls me to ask why the first guy didn't distribute his trip reports already. that kind of kid shit.

[​IMG]

I've got a relatively new hire, a real star, putting an established and long term direct's nose out of joint.

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

The now seven-day absence of a certain poster.

6. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

It sounds like his absence is making you nutty.

7. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

[​IMG] Where he at?

8. Alter

Alter Senior member

been sick since last week, and now I'm taking antibiotics for the rest of the week. feel too shitty to drink, let alone smoke. [​IMG]
    Get well soon, Ninja!
    that's a good approach. apparently, they both met at a training last month and discussed something that they wanted from me, and, apparently, promised not to tell me what the others position was. so, the first chance they got, one told me that the other guy was really unhappy about this and that I should fix it to keep him from quitting. so of course I called the other guy, who denied it but was pissed at the first guy. and things have been going to hell since then. one of them got back from a 2 week trip last friday at midnight. monday at 5 pm the other guy calls me to ask why the first guy didn't distribute his trip reports already. that kind of kid shit.
    Hope it works itself out soon. I am actually in the midst of an office thing. Seems that I have royally pissed off a co-worker who has been giving me the cold shoulder for the last couple of months. The problem is that I don't know what I did to him. I finally had the chance to speak to him about it privately and he was clearly upset and emotional...but he wouldn't tell me what the problem is. He said that I must know and that I was lying when I said that I didn't know. But I really don't know. It was really strange.
    Can't get my shit together to write my Japanese resume and work history.
    Gambatte.

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

One of my bosses came to me on Thu, after the completion of a major milestone on a project of mine, and asked if I was in Fri or Mon. I told him no, but I would be back Tue. He says "no problem. start thinking about the calendar for the next step, because we'll need to get those dates settled and okayed by the higher-ups. But no rush, in a few days, when you have time, sit down and take a couple days to work it out."

Today, Tuesday, he sends me an email saying I have to have it done by the end of today. Right. Dick.

b

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You're preachin' to the quior.
    Yeah, that'll get him back.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

um, who?

12. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

My car. It's a 8 year old piece of sh!t and now the cylinder head seal (no clue what's the word in english) is broken and I'll have to shell out around 700 € for a repair on my (8 year old, 60 HP, no power windows) Fiat Punto.

But I have no real choice because I just was to vacation and can't "spontaneous" buy another used car and I need to be mobile because public transportation would take 2h instead of 30 minutes to work.

13. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

My car. It's a 8 year old piece of sh!t and now the cylinder head seal (no clue what's the word in english) is broken and I'll have to shell out around 700 € for a repair on my (8 year old, 60 HP, no power windows) Fiat Punto.

But I have no real choice because I just was to vacation and can't "spontaneous" buy another used car and I need to be mobile because public transportation would take 2h instead of 30 minutes to work.

Cylinder head gasket. [​IMG] I'm not sure how much mechanical experience you have, but you could most likely fix it yourself for very little money.

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I am reserving this space because today is a steaming, fetid pile of shit that would make even Fat Bastard blush. Thankfully, none of it really has anything to do with me, but with people I don't really like that much encroaching on my nice little life with their vile problems. Teger, if he knew, would probably accuse me of being an unfeeling asshole, but so it goes. I may decide to poast the actual goings on later, but probably not. [​IMG]

15. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

I am reserving this space because today is a steaming, fetid pile of shit that would make even Fat Bastard blush. Thankfully, none of it really has anything to do with me, but with people I don't really like that much encroaching on my nice little life with their vile problems. Teger, if he knew, would probably accuse me of being an unfeeling asshole, but so it goes. I may decide to poast the actual goings on later, but probably not. [​IMG]

This is what I like to refer to as "The Drama Vortex Theorum", which when expressed as a formula is something like:

As the distance between oneself and The Drama decreases linearly, the forces pulling you into it against your will increase exponentially.

BTW...I don't check in on this thread very often, so sorry I'm so late on this, but SField that is some awful stuff. Sorry for all your pain big guy. Things will look up. Hang in there.