• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Overuse of word "sublime" on this forum. Especially when discussing shoes.

Well can people help it if the shoes in your avatar are sublime?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
And do not forget the job of every consultant: to convince you there is another project they need to do for you.

Or on the flip side, their plan is to get out of town before the problems they created with their "solutions" become apparent.

That's for sure. Well, it's reassuring that it isn't just one consultant hell-bent to ruin my work life, but it's a character flaw they all possess.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't necessarily bad, but I am quite annoyed, probably much more than I should be.

So about three weeks ago, I did a massive search for the perfect 1B peak-lapel tuxedo; I visited pretty much every respectable men's shop in NYC, looked online, etc., to no avail -- what I was looking for was a thinner more streamlined peak lapel of the kind seen on an RLPL from a few years back. Anyway, after looking for a very long time, and even considering at one point a $2500 Paul Stuart tux, I settled for a Jos A. Bank that cost $500. I wasn't enthralled with it, but it was close enough, and didn't cost a fortune.

So today, while I was casually looking for a formal vest at Century 21, I run into the (almost) perfect tux -- A RL blue label tux with grosgrain 1B Peak Lapel, in the exact shape I wanted. Only flaws were that it had side vents and flap pockets, both of which could be remedied. The cockpunch, so to speak was that Century 21 was selling it for $500... plus 50% off. After some amount of cursing under my breath, I bought it for $260.

Of course, the event I'm going to with my hot date is this Saturday. Now I'm wracking my brain for ideas on how I can get it tailored for Saturday. ARRRGH.

Oh, btw, if anyone's looking, they have at least 2 more in 44L, and possibly other sizes. They also had a Z-Zegna for $450 and some beautiful DB Zegna mainline tuxes for $400-450 range. I only looked in size 44, but I'm sure other sizes have decent selections.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How I saw a few photos I took a while ago that I stashed away and my computer and CANNOT FIND THEM AGAIN. GAH.

JB

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
How I saw a few photos I took a while ago that I stashed away and my computer and CANNOT FIND THEM AGAIN. GAH.

JB

Search all files and folders for the file type (*.jpg, *.tif, *.raw, whatever) and sort by date modified (invert for newest first).

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will try that, thanks J. I tried searching for the filenames (I put the pics up on my Photobucket account) but apparently I changed them in the computer. Ugh.

JB

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No such luck, I probably edited it on my old computer so it's not showing up on the new one.

JB

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cooper Union home test. Just received it today. I'm going to shoot myself.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God DAMN SNOW! Over the weekend it snowed over a foot (thats over 30cm) in my city. I am lucky enough to live on a street that rarely gets plowed so I have about 16" of hard powder ontop of hard packed snow and ice. Nothing beats a car with low gound clearance in snow that deep (my corolla has been stuck many times now)

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm at a trade show with two guys - a marketing guy and my regional sales manager for the middle east. last night we take out a bunch of distributors for dinner and we are done at about midnight. my middle east rm says to me :I'm off to find some whores" and takes off. I find this mildly ammusing, until he shows up this morning, obviously under the weather - I am guessing he was out whoring until 3 or 4. anyway, he was pretty ******* useless today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads