1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

I'm in Birmingham for the week.

Ugh. I have an abnormally high tolerance for Southern cities, but that place is a complete fucking dump. All the gridlock and crime of Atlanta with none of the benefits.

2. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

^^ I have a high tolerance as well, since I mostly grew up in the south. This place hasn't shown me anything promising yet.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

why hello again, 12 hour workdays. oh, and hi there, marital spats. welcome back to my life.

Sorry to hear this man.

+1 [​IMG]

You too? oy, sorry to hear.

Come on T-Bone. I set this one up just for you.

(...)

I'm laying off the Neo for a while.

(...)
    when you step out and go drinking with your buds who doesn't have to analyze everything you do for the past 15 years and then bring up something that happened when you just started going out and you have neither the inclination nor the words to say how frustrating it is that you've been holding back all your complaints about her because in the big picture it doesn't matter anyway but then it all adds up and then she pushes the wrong buttons then bam! everything blows up and then since you've been the one who isn't complaining in the past now suddenly you have a bad temper and you're the fucking bad guy.... that's when it's away.

Ouch. OUCH.

WELL, this isn't bad and it's not pissing me off...but it may get to that point. Mrs. T finished law school late last year and is planning to sit the July bar. A friend with whom she studied took the Feb bar...and failed, so they're going to do a lot of studying together. This, while I'm trying to get my CPA classes squared away by year-end - of which I now believe I have four classes left to go (originally I thought it was one)...but can't be sure because I have to pry any and all information out of the state board via phone call, and they are not at all forthcoming with details.

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

It's, apparently, aggravate MrG week at work. I walked in this morning to our administrative secretary bitching at me because she doesn't think I did enough to help set up for an evening meeting last night. Never mind the fact that I did help set up, worked until 8:30 while she left at 5:15, and, after the meeting, broke down everything that had been set up prior.

STFU, secretary. Go make some copies.

5. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

i never know whether to post positive updates to things that originated here in the pissed-off thread - should i update them here or put them in the happy thread?

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

i never know whether to post positive updates to things that originated here in the pissed-off thread - should i update them here or put them in the happy thread?

If the quandary of which thread to put such updates is pissing you off then it definitely deserves to be posted here.

7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

when you step out and go drinking with your buds who doesn't have to analyze everything you do for the past 15 years and then bring up something that happened when you just started going out and you have neither the inclination nor the words to say how frustrating it is that you've been holding back all your complaints about her because in the big picture it doesn't matter anyway but then it all adds up and then she pushes the wrong buttons then bam! everything blows up and then since you've been the one who isn't complaining in the past now suddenly you have a bad temper and you're the fucking bad guy.... that's when it's away.

sorry doode. often another double standard. the wife can say whatever whenever, the guy (at least me) will grit his teeth and bear it, not worth a huge fight. but you open your mouth once, just once and fucking forget about it man.

here please, i like closure

8. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

remember the lost passports and SS card? Wifey found my passport. Her PP and SS are still missing but it's a step in the right direction and at least now *I* don't have a problem. [​IMG]

9. in stitches

remember the lost passports and SS card?

Wifey found my passport.

Her PP and SS are still missing but it's a step in the right direction and at least now *I* don't have a problem.

[​IMG]

glad to hear it, but where are you hiding her stuff naughty boy?

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

remember the lost passports and SS card?

Wifey found my passport.

Her PP and SS are still missing but it's a step in the right direction and at least now *I* don't have a problem.

[​IMG]

oh, Douglas. I don't know how it works in your house, but at Chez Thomas...if teh wifey has a problem, then Thomas has a problem.

11. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

actually it's not bad in my house. she's going to tear her hair out hunting that thing down; my job is to tell her to relax, it's not the end of the world, we can get new copies of each, and then she loves me for being so sweet. you just need better spouse management skills. [​IMG]

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I'd rather marry a man than face illogical arguments everyday. Can I get a what, what?

13. in stitches

I'd rather marry a man than face illogical arguments everyday. Can I get a what, what?

you can get a ghey, ghey. thats part of marriage man. even the good ones have bumps. and thomas i once heard this

"when you are single you are as happy as you are, when you are in a relationship you are only as happy as the least happy person in the relationship"

14. Neo_Version 7

Lol relationships. All they do is bog me down.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

actually it's not bad in my house. she's going to tear her hair out hunting that thing down; my job is to tell her to relax, it's not the end of the world, we can get new copies of each, and then she loves me for being so sweet.

you just need better spouse management skills. [​IMG]

That's not the first time I've thought that.

Oh, like men are logical. Don't you read the CE at all?

you can get a ghey, ghey. thats part of marriage man. even the good ones have bumps. and thomas i once heard this

"when you are single you are as happy as you are, when you are in a relationship you are only as happy as the least happy person in the relationship"

truth man. truth.

16. Neo_Version 7

I'm not looking for Ms. Right. I'm looking for Ms. Right Now.

17. in stitches

you had me until that one buddy.

18. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

The cost of out of state tuition!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!! I live in NM where the 2 of the major universities are "not" ranked very well. One smaller university that is ranked well is hard to get into and is math and science oriented. I want to offer my kids opportunities to go elsewhere but ASU and UofA are ~$22K for tuition, $35K+ total. CU in Boulder, CO (my alma mater) is ~$33K for tuition alone or ~$48K+ total. I forgot to mention that NM tuition is covered by our Lottery Scholarship for "all" NM residents, making it even harder to swallow out of state costs. I did however agree to send my daughter to ASU as I feel like she deserves to have the opportunity being such a good kid. My son is thinking CU in a couple of years. So, those gigs could cost me ~$340K total + inflation assuming 4 yrs each. I am going to figure out how to have them establish residency so years 2-4 will be in-state. The governing financial aid doc (FAFSA) says we can afford to pay ~23% of our gross or ~31% of our net for college, so no chance for financial aid. My daughter also had a 3.25 GPA from one of the top HS in the SW and got NO merit scholarships, so were on our own. BASICALLY, THE WHOLE ISSUE OF HOW MUCH IT COST FOR EDUCATION IS RIDICULOUS! [​IMG]

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Hotels with overly softened water. You feel slimy and not clean.

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Lol relationships. All they do is bog me down.

[​IMG]