• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

WestLinn

Reaction score
Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When we were in B-school a group of guys dedicated the walls of their rental house for everyone to post up their internship and job rejection letters. We completely wallpapered every inch

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Skier discovers a snowboarder stuck upside down in the snow.

Yeah, I saw that the other day, dude is so incredibly lucky.

I saw he even had a radio and could hear his partners (so at least he wasn’t riding out of bounds alone) but couldn’t respond because he couldn’t move his arms.

I guess having a bright colored bottom on your board might be a safety feature, if that was a plain black base I’m not sure the skier would have even seen it.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I saw he even had a radio and could hear his partners (so at least he wasn’t riding out of bounds alone) but couldn’t respond because he couldn’t move his arms.

I guess having a bright colored bottom on your board might be a safety feature, if that was a plain black base I’m not sure the skier would have even seen it.

They ran a thread on TGR a few years back by a guy who started a snow cat operation on, I think it was an area on Mt Fuji in Japan. Because of the way the Pacific storms hit the Japanese islands they get huge dumps commonly over several feet. At any rate they only allowed snow boards under certain conditions because if you fall in that stuff on a snow board unless someone sees you and digs you out you done for

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was an interesting take on the "stuck in an appliance" chestnut...

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always been a powder hound and tree skier. Of all the scary experiences I've had the vast majority were under those conditions. Once I skied into a tree well, slammed my chest into the tree, ended up with my arms around the tree, my legs behind me with the tips on the skis pointed down and the tails tight against my back. Took me quite awhile to finally release one of my bindings and it was starting get real scary.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've always been a powder hound
giphy.gif

tweedlover

Reaction score
I've always been a powder hound and tree skier. Of all the scary experiences I've had the vast majority were under those conditions. Once I skied into a tree well, slammed my chest into the tree, ended up with my arms around the tree, my legs behind me with the tips on the skis pointed down and the tails tight against my back. Took me quite awhile to finally release one of my bindings and it was starting get real scary.
Lucky you weren't seriously injured. that's how Sonny Bono of Sonny and Cher fame died.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads