• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Oski

Reaction score
Inner tube popped midway through my night time bike ride.
ffffuuuu.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone bought something from me on eBay that weighs more than six pounds. The buyer is in Canada and apparently, unaware that it costs a lot to ship internationally heavy things.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!1 $31.50 SHIP ACROSS BORDER TO CANADA!!!!!!!!!! $13.00 TO SHIP IN USA? I guess I should have emailed s&h ahead of time as stated. 99% of other sellers may be a little higher with s&h to Canada. NEVER this much more. I paid but never again. MY Bad for not checking this out. YOU bad for charging extra. + feedback given but never order again. S&H make up for lost $ on sale items!!!!!!!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS PACKAGE BETTER BE HERE IN PRIORITY TIME, NO EXCUSE FOR CUSTOMS IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THIS AMOUNT CHARGED S&H!!!!!!!
Actual cost to ship? $30.50. All over a $10 auction.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Our son has had a series of 'maladies' which are probably related to him not really wanting to go to day-camp anymore. He knows that if he acts up and gets kicked out, then he goes to RTC (boot-camp), but I think he found the loophole in being just sick enough (stomach ailment) to go home without really needing medical care.

God, I hope he doesn't follow my old path: I had a perpetual stomach-ache all through elementary and middle school becase I haeted the damn place! And therein lies part of my frustration: I see him doing it and I believe it's a fraud, because I did the same damn thing back in the day. And I know how pointless it is, but try telling him that.

As a moment of hilarity, I complained to my mother about this over the weekend, and she shot me a look that would melt steel glaciers. Evidently I frustrated her in much the same manner.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Our son has had a series of 'maladies' which are probably related to him not really wanting to go to day-camp anymore. He knows that if he acts up and gets kicked out, then he goes to RTC (boot-camp), but I think he found the loophole in being just sick enough (stomach ailment) to go home without really needing medical care. God, I hope he doesn't follow my old path: I had a perpetual stomach-ache all through elementary and middle school becase I haeted the damn place! And therein lies part of my frustration: I see him doing it and I believe it's a fraud, because I did the same damn thing back in the day. And I know how pointless it is, but try telling him that. As a moment of hilarity, I complained to my mother about this over the weekend, and she shot me a look that would melt steel glaciers. Evidently I frustrated her in much the same manner.
At least: 1. It's only summer camp. 2. Your mother got a good laugh out of the situation. Pio, I hope the funk passes. This place is not the same without your regular reports on foie indulgence and tasting dinners.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe

Pio, I hope the funk passes. This place is not the same without your regular reports on foie indulgence and tasting dinners.

laugh.gif
Thanks for that.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* drama queen bitches and guy friends of the *****... Trying to stir up **** and drama that doesn't ******* affect them. Two examples: Example 1: I've just recently broken up with my gf, but few weeks abck I met this girl at a club, a friend of a friends' girlfriend. We both got drunk and made out with each other at the club. BitchGuy, who has fucked me over in the past by spinning stories and stirring up ****, was there, tells *****. ***** IM's me in a condescending tone calling me a man-whore. The next day, ***** IM's me again, saying she went to same High School as her, and if I wanted to know anything. I say, sure whatever. She goes on to tell me how in HS she was super nerdy, awkward, unpopular and ugly. The thing is, ***** didn't know the girl in high school. That means she took the effort to LOOK HER UP on Facebook to dig up **** about her. WTF? Do I really need to know this? Was it REALLY necessary? Does it make any difference at all at this present time? Everybody was nerdy, awkward and ugly in High School. Like what the ****, just trying to ruin **** for others. Example 2: Three guy friends of mine and I just got back from Vegas. Today, ***** IM's one of my friends, asking him about highlights. He tells him some stories. THEN she goes "ok how about lowlights, this is what i live for." Friend1 tells a story of some douchebag bouncer we encountered. THEN ***** goes "oh i was thinking more like betrween u guys not other ppl. any hissy ***** fits." Basically drama **** she was wanting to hear about. Friend1 says 'no'. ***** goes "lol haha i heard otehrwise from Friend2. which is funny cuz its coming from Friend2." Turns out, BitchGuy asked Friend2 if any **** went down. Friend2 told BitchGuy about a minor tiff we had about getting a cab or something. Friend2 hadn't spoken to ***** since the trip. So BitchGuy turns around, spins the incident and basically tells ***** about it, and ***** goes to Friend1 going all like "I know something you don't know" bullshit. ***** seems like she lives off trying to make others miserable and BitchGuy lives off trying to get some attention from *****. ******* bitches.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Someone bought something from me on eBay that weighs more than six pounds. The buyer is in Canada and apparently, unaware that it costs a lot to ship internationally heavy things.

Actual cost to ship? $30.50. All over a $10 auction.

Oh god I hate that buyer already. I hope he gets stomach cancer.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
******* drama queen bitches and guy friends of the *****... Trying to stir up **** and drama that doesn't ******* affect them. Two examples: Example 1: I've just recently broken up with my gf, but few weeks abck I met this girl at a club, a friend of a friends' girlfriend. We both got drunk and made out with each other at the club. BitchGuy, who has fucked me over in the past by spinning stories and stirring up ****, was there, tells *****. ***** IM's me in a condescending tone calling me a man-whore. The next day, ***** IM's me again, saying she went to same High School as her, and if I wanted to know anything. I say, sure whatever. She goes on to tell me how in HS she was super nerdy, awkward, unpopular and ugly. The thing is, ***** didn't know the girl in high school. That means she took the effort to LOOK HER UP on Facebook to dig up **** about her. WTF? Do I really need to know this? Was it REALLY necessary? Does it make any difference at all at this present time? Everybody was nerdy, awkward and ugly in High School. Like what the ****, just trying to ruin **** for others. Example 2: Three guy friends of mine and I just got back from Vegas. Today, ***** IM's one of my friends, asking him about highlights. He tells him some stories. THEN she goes "ok how about lowlights, this is what i live for." Friend1 tells a story of some douchebag bouncer we encountered. THEN ***** goes "oh i was thinking more like betrween u guys not other ppl. any hissy ***** fits." Basically drama **** she was wanting to hear about. Friend1 says 'no'. ***** goes "lol haha i heard otehrwise from Friend2. which is funny cuz its coming from Friend2." Turns out, BitchGuy asked Friend2 if any **** went down. Friend2 told BitchGuy about a minor tiff we had about getting a cab or something. Friend2 hadn't spoken to ***** since the trip. So BitchGuy turns around, spins the incident and basically tells ***** about it, and ***** goes to Friend1 going all like "I know something you don't know" bullshit. ***** seems like she lives off trying to make others miserable and BitchGuy lives off trying to get some attention from *****. ******* bitches.
These people sound like low rent assholes. Why do you even bother with them?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
These people sound like low rent assholes. Why do you even bother with them?

They are all mutual friends of the general group. ***** is the gf of a friend of ours. BitchGuy I've pretty much started ignoring personally already, looks like the other friends will slowly do the same.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Our son has had a series of 'maladies' which are probably related to him not really wanting to go to day-camp anymore. He knows that if he acts up and gets kicked out, then he goes to RTC (boot-camp), but I think he found the loophole in being just sick enough (stomach ailment) to go home without really needing medical care.

God, I hope he doesn't follow my old path: I had a perpetual stomach-ache all through elementary and middle school becase I haeted the damn place! And therein lies part of my frustration: I see him doing it and I believe it's a fraud, because I did the same damn thing back in the day. And I know how pointless it is, but try telling him that.

As a moment of hilarity, I complained to my mother about this over the weekend, and she shot me a look that would melt steel glaciers. Evidently I frustrated her in much the same manner.

This makes me really happy for you

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A city about half an hour from here (Flint) has been plagued by a serial stabber in recent weeks. He targeted black men, mostly homeless or mentally impaired. He was apprehended today trying to board a plane.

Anyway, some of the reactions to this whole thing are SMH-worthy. I sit next to a guy about my age at work, who comes from a well-to-do family and (I think) unknowingly shows racist tendencies through some of the stuff he says. He posted a picture on Facebook of a knife going into a cereal bowl (get it?) and his sister responded, "It'd be better if the cereal was Cocoa-Puffs."
ffffuuuu.gif
He thought it was hilarious and quickly told EVERYONE in the newsroom about it, none of whom seemed to think it was in poor taste.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
A city about half an hour from here (Flint) has been plagued by a serial stabber in recent weeks. He targeted black men, mostly homeless or mentally impaired. He was apprehended today trying to board a plane.

Anyway, some of the reactions to this whole thing are SMH-worthy. I sit next to a guy about my age at work, who comes from a well-to-do family and (I think) unknowingly shows racist tendencies through some of the stuff he says. He posted a picture on Facebook of a knife going into a cereal bowl (get it?) and his sister responded, "It'd be better if the cereal was Cocoa-Puffs."
ffffuuuu.gif
He thought it was hilarious and quickly told EVERYONE in the newsroom about it, none of whom seemed to think it was in poor taste.

Seriously, everybody knows those people eat Sugar Smacks.
cereal1.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So I woke up today and there was a silver dollar sized blotch of blood on my sheets. Immediately I started to panic because I was wearing two shirts and the surgery garment. I stripped down and found the wound hole, which had been previously scabbing over, open and oozing. And not blood but a thick viscous mixture. Not good. Call the Dr's office and they can't hear me on my end of the phone. They call back, same thing, I call back after going outside (no easy feat) and tell them what's up. They say "keep an eye on it". This was at 11AM. By 2 the area around it had started to turn red, itchy, and warm which, I learned from my leg infection that I just got over, is a surefire sign of an infection. I call back and they can't get the nurse so I ask the woman who answered the phone to please deliver the message as I'd been having problems with them returning messages that I left on the voicemail system. By 3:30 I nobody had called so I said ******* and drove ****** over there. The look on their faces is "what's he doing here". I politely tell them that I've got a problem with my wound area and its getting worse. The gay guy at the front says "we'll fit you in, have a seat" like he was doing me a favor even though they told me to come in if I had any problems. So I wait for about 30 minutes and the Dr. on duty, not my Dr., comes in and starts with the "so, you're having a problem?". He might have well as said "why are you wasting my time with this ****". So he looks at the infection and says "we'll put you on antibiotics." Well, I ask, why is it infected? "I don't know". Is this the same thing as my leg? "Maybe. I don't know" Wonderful. Now I have a fever, am tingly, shaky, feel cold, and like absolute dog ****.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ whoa. hope you get well man. maybe you should get another doctor to look it over?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads