Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

What does it smell like, though?
    So far it smells fine, but that may change when I go outside in the heat tomorrow.[​IMG]

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

On Tuesday I'm going on assignment to Singapore for the rest of the month. I'm not excited about it at all and I don't want to go. I mean when I say I don't want to go that I really don't want to go. I don't want to be so far away for so long from my friends, I'm nervous as fuck about the assignment, there's personal stuff here that I haven't worked out and I'm upset about that, and there are some other things as well. I woke up today and kind of considered running away. The thing that really pisses me off too is that I thought I was leaving Wednesday but obviously I'm not. I've been trying to spend as much time with my friends here before I go and that one extra night was going to be just what I needed.

OMG you're like so neear to me now! [​IMG]

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Ugh. Don't make me think about it. When I get home from work I just want peace and quiet, especially when i'm up till 2:30am the previous night because she didn't get here till 1:00am. I def don't want some woman yapping on about all the stupid shit she dealt with in her day. She tried to make me drag how her day started out of her. I told her that if there was something she wanted to tell me to just spit it out. I wasn't going to expend energy guessing.

That said, I told her last night to just pay the god damned visitors parking instead of trying to find a place for free on the street, but she listened to some woman in my building that she met outside with her dog and her car got towed. [​IMG] The woman is a walking disaster.

First, this tells the discerning read that all your marriages will fail. [​IMG] Btw, men share their days with their women too.

Second, she might not be leaving until the Holidays, and then you know, it's the Holidays, so count on spring. [​IMG]

4. Piobaire

Not sure what's up.

I feel like I'm heading into another existential funk, like I did last year. I don't know why. I've had no sudden disappointments, I'm 50# ligher than I was a year ago, about to sign a five year, mega dollar employment contract. It's all good, except for the fact my dream house project is still on hold due to RE market meltdown. All in all, life is good.

It doesn't make sense.

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

On Tuesday I'm going on assignment to Singapore for the rest of the month. I'm not excited about it at all and I don't want to go. I mean when I say I don't want to go that I really don't want to go. I don't want to be so far away for so long from my friends, I'm nervous as fuck about the assignment, there's personal stuff here that I haven't worked out and I'm upset about that, and there are some other things as well. I woke up today and kind of considered running away. The thing that really pisses me off too is that I thought I was leaving Wednesday but obviously I'm not. I've been trying to spend as much time with my friends here before I go and that one extra night was going to be just what I needed.

hey I'll be there, we can grab dinner or a beer. I'm in town on 22 August, I think

6. sonick

sonick Senior member

MotherFUCKER!!! Brand new polo shirts I just got shrank waaaay too much in the wash and dryer... Hadn't even worn them yet...

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Not pissing me off so much as making me sad:
    The RubeBabes' grandfather is in the hospital, with his heart working at a 15% efficiency. He is 85 and his time is fast approaching.

The RubeBabes are going to have a hard time losing him.

9. Piobaire

The RubeBabes' grandfather is in the hospital, with his heart working at a 15% efficiency. He is 85 and his time is fast approaching.

Get him on hospice, get him home. It's covered under Medicare and with an ejection fraction that low, he'll qualify.

10. Dakota rube

Get him on hospice, get him home. It's covered under Medicare and with an ejection fraction that low, he'll qualify.

Thank you for that.
    But as the ex- SIL, my input isn't really being considered at this time. I think they are sending him home Thursday.

The RubeBabes have never had to deal with a loved one's death; this will be hard for them.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Not sure what's up.

I feel like I'm heading into another existential funk, like I did last year. I don't know why. I've had no sudden disappointments, I'm 50# ligher than I was a year ago, about to sign a five year, mega dollar employment contract. It's all good, except for the fact my dream house project is still on hold due to RE market meltdown. All in all, life is good.

It doesn't make sense.

I don't think it's unusual - you've had a string of successes and are probably due to touch the ground again soon, even if only for a moment. Even Alexander the Great likely had days where he sighed listlessly as he gazed upon his empire.

Am I correct in guessing that he was instrumental in their upbringing? My maternal grandfather was a major force in my early years, he passed 7 years ago and he still comes up in conversations between our generation. My sympathies to them- and you - in any case.

12. Dakota rube

Am I correct in guessing that he was instrumental in their upbringing? My maternal grandfather was a major force in my early years, he passed 7 years ago and he still comes up in conversations between our generation. My sympathies to them- and you - in any case.

Well, I don't know about "instrumental in their upbringing", but he has been a constant presence in their lives. Only the oldest RubeBabe ever knew my parents, as they died long, long ago. The Babes have lived in the same city as their grandparents for 23 years, so he has always been "there". His passing will certainly leave a big void in their lives.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Well, I don't know about "instrumental in their upbringing", but he has been a constant presence in their lives. Only the oldest RubeBabe ever knew my parents, as they died long, long ago. The Babes have lived in the same city as their grandparents for 23 years, so he has always been "there". His passing will certainly leave a big void in their lives.

Man, that will be tough.

14. Piobaire

I don't think it's unusual - you've had a string of successes and are probably due to touch the ground again soon, even if only for a moment. Even Alexander the Great likely had days where he sighed listlessly as he gazed upon his empire.

You are no doubt correct. As much as I know there's no answer, I still constantly wonder was the answer is to, "Is it all worth it?" No it's not, so I don't know why it continues to plague me.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Maybe try being less Republican and see how that feels ?