• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GOTTEM'

Twitter broke journalists' brains.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This certainly made my brother-in-law jibbledy last week...

Had dinner one evening with my SiL and her other half who is a renowned surgeon. The next morning he is reading a magazine and mentions an article in it to her. 10 minutes later she asks him something about it and he says "What article"? You know, in that magazine. "I haven't read any magazine". He doesn't remember having breakfast or what they had discussed doing during the day.

They both have a WTF moment and rush to the ER. He is like, "Why are we at the hospital?"

CT and MRI come back clean. Yeah, said the neurologist casually, no biggie, it's probably just TGA, stay here overnight and you'll be back to normal in the morning.

So he had transient global amnesia and 24 hours later was completely fine again. o_O
One of my coworker's husband had TGA. At first she thought he was just messing with her but when she found out that he seriously didn't remember she rushed him to the doctor. He ended up having brain surgery like a week after the TGA episode.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's most.... i dont know if damning or vexing or perplexing is the right word.... about kirby is the number of 5* qbs who sign with uga but never play. Like i know its pretty elementary here but a yop tier qb this year?
How many 5 star QB’s actually pan out? Seems like there are more 5 star QB flameouts vs other positions. Not just at UGa but all universities.
So... this would be a good argument, if Georgia hadn't started Jake Fromm overJacob Eason, Justin Fields, etc etc. Smart has an uncanny ability to start the worst QB on his roster at any time. Including right now starting Bennett over JT Daniels

Yeah, I think we have a big enough sample size now to conclude that QB management is Smart's biggest weakness. There were other growing pains in his first few years that cost him games, but he's pretty much corrected everything except his approach to QBs.

He's gotten a few bad breaks in terms of injuries to his #1, but then he gets comfortable with #2 being good enough in most cases and balks when #1 is healed up and ready to play again. My theory is that this happens because Georgia recruits well enough to win most of its games even starting the backup, so Smart doesn't want to risk ruining a good thing by putting #1 back in while #2 is winning, but then we end up exposed when we end up in a game where we really need an elite QB.

Regardless, he's got to find a way to improve his QB management, because it's clearly stopping him from breaking through to winning it all.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we have a big enough sample size now to conclude that QB management is Smart's biggest weakness. There were other growing pains in his first few years that cost him games, but he's pretty much corrected everything except his approach to QBs.

He's gotten a few bad breaks in terms of injuries to his #1, but then he gets comfortable with #2 being good enough in most cases and balks when #1 is healed up and ready to play again. My theory is that this happens because Georgia recruits well enough to win most of its games even starting the backup, so Smart doesn't want to risk ruining a good thing by putting #1 back in while #2 is winning, but then we end up exposed when we end up in a game where we really need an elite QB.

Regardless, he's got to find a way to improve his QB management, because it's clearly stopping him from breaking through to winning it all.
That's the complete opposite of Kliff Kingsbury when he was the coach at Texas Tech. Kliff had QB spots locked down but couldn't or didn't manage anything else really.

At one point, Texas Tech had 4 QB's on the roster that eventually started an NFL game. He had Baker Mayfield and Patrick Mahomes on the roster and sat Baker for Patrick.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Said of course, with the massive caveat that UGA is in the playoffs.

Although, it really does feel down here like the season is lost.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TIL what TGA is. Tbh I regularly have my memory wiped of entire blocks of time, and I’ve always just figured that’s just the way I was. But I have family and friends to remind me of what went down.

I’d research this more comprehensively but I’d probably have forgotten about it by the time I get around to it

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TIL what TGA is. Tbh I regularly have my memory wiped of entire blocks of time, and I’ve always just figured that’s just the way I was. But I have family and friends to remind me of what went down.

I’d research this more comprehensively but I’d probably have forgotten about it by the time I get around to it

that sounds like more of a Tyler Durden - Stefan Urquelle scenario tho

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cat I have had for 11 years and got me through a tough divorce has a large mass on his lungs and impending liver failure.

After losing the puppy earlier this year, I don't k ow if I can deal with this right now, I can't lose another friend.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter brought this home from school yesterday. I can't decide wtf is going on here.
20211207_080935.jpg

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks so hard.
I'll keep this short because talking about it still makes me turn into a puddle on the floor.
But my cat, who looked exactly like my avatar, had trouble breathing one day. I rushed him to the vet......and he never came back home.
Yeah. Campbell isn't eating still, even with the appetite stimulant. He is drinking which is good. But not eating. He has essentially had a can of tuna in the past 3 days.

He is still bright eyed, cuddly, perky tailed, but if you look deep Into his eyes he knows something is really really wrong. If he doesn't eat he won't make it to the end of the week. If he starts eating, he could be around for a long time.

He gets so excited for food, and then just sits down in front of it. Sniffs it, maybe licks a pice or two and that is it.

I am so sorry about your cat as well. That is what I was afraid of yesterday. But he came home and got to enjoy things. And we got to tell him and show him how much we love him. And I guess that is all we can do at this point.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Yeah. Campbell isn't eating still, even with the appetite stimulant. He is drinking which is good. But not eating. He has essentially had a can of tuna in the past 3 days.

He is still bright eyed, cuddly, perky tailed, but if you look deep Into his eyes he knows something is really really wrong. If he doesn't eat he won't make it to the end of the week. If he starts eating, he could be around for a long time.

He gets so excited for food, and then just sits down in front of it. Sniffs it, maybe licks a pice or two and that is it.

I am so sorry about your cat as well. That is what I was afraid of yesterday. But he came home and got to enjoy things. And we got to tell him and show him how much we love him. And I guess that is all we can do at this point.

I took my dog to the emergency vet a few weeks ago because he threw up a bunch then refused to eat (he has never refused food in his life). Nothing wrong with him that they could tell. They gave him some fluids and some anti-nausea medication and he was back to his normal old man self that night.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Positive mojo sent. Cannot underestimate how much pets add to our lives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics