• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I had cataract surgery yesterday. You fuckers are way uglier than I realized.
I'm thinking of getting my lenses replaced as my eyes have gotten to the point contacts can't correct enough. How was the procedure?

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my lenses replaced as my eyes have gotten to the point contacts can't correct enough. How was the procedure?
The procedure was painless and uneventful. Recovery I can't say it was just yesterday afternoon. I'll let you know.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My mom had cataract surgery some years back. I went with her both times. They did her first eye and by day 1.5-2, she was amazed at her new sight.

I think she/we went back the following week..or week after to get her other eye done.

She said that the procedure was fine. No major issues.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mom had cataract surgery some years back. I went with her both times. They did her first eye and by day 1.5-2, she was amazed at her new sight.

I think she/we went back the following week..or week after to get her other eye done.

I just had the first eye done. Just looking through the other is like having sun glasses on.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had the first eye done. Just looking through the other is like having sun glasses on.
I hope everything goes well, man. I had LASIK about a month ago and so far I have been really happy with the results, after 45 years of wearing glasses and contacts.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same with both my parents (great, hopefully I'll live long enough to need it as well). My dad went first as he had some eye issues and was amazed. My mom (who wore glasses for like 70 years) then had it done and was also amazed. Both were recovered in a day or two.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have to re-do it after 10-20 years, or is it forever?
Not sure whether you're talking about LASIK or cataract surgery, but for LASIK it lasts about 15 years before you might need a touch-up (or glasses, I guess). My wife had her eyes done about that long ago and just had a touch-up surgery this spring, which should be good for another decade or two. I suppose it mostly depends on how quickly your eyes tend to change--LASIK doesn't halt that process.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had cataract surgery yesterday. You fuckers are way uglier than I realized.
After much prodding by my wife, and then getting into a car accident that I'll take full blame for because I entirely misjudged where the other vehicle was in relation to mine, I finally went and got my eyes checked this summer and now wear glasses. My peripheral vision is going and apparently I now have pretty severe astigmatism (not to mention the creeping farsightedness of middle age). Once I received my glasses and put them on the difference was mind blowing.

My coworkers thought I was joking when I told them they're not nearly as short and fat as I thought they all were.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NO CHARGE?

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.