• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, is that real? That can't be real

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's satire, right?

I mean, places have published honest articles like that many times, but that one just goes too far. You can't have 250k first job at father's company, living in grandpa's vacation home, 500k gift from an *uncle* AND saving money by only skipping european/japan travel all in the same article.

Also what hedge fund employee wouldn't take a mortgage at the rates that have been available in recent history? He should be fired for buying a house with cash.

edit: yes, yes it is fake. The mortgage comment really was a giveaway that it was made by someone who doesn't understand being rich.

brokencycle

Reaction score
So this stuff is why I don't want to live in the cold. It takes so much work to do so. Like, it's hot you just turn on the AC. Depending on your plant-based hobbies maybe some days you have to water more frequently. Or you don't take your dog for a mid-day walk. Like, you just avoid the heat.

But when it's cold you gotta have different tires, shovel your driveway, wear a bunch of clothes, whatever "winterizing the irrigation" means. Like, you can't avoid the fact that you are in a cold part of the world and work around it.
Except many people can't just avoid the heat. Sure knowledge workers do, but there are plenty of jobs that require being outside or in non-conditioned spaces.

Except for the most northern parts of the country, it doesn't actually get that cold. I grew up near Chicago, and you can see their weather. The lows rarely get below zero, and you can put on enough clothes to stay warm in the average winter temps.

1634920994903.png

Excluding the most northern parts of the country, it isn't that cold or rarely that cold. I grew up near Chicago.
You need to have a summer wardrobe and a winter wardrobe when you live in the cold. I just have a wardrobe.

That's one of the best parts.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, you can't really make it work with a true "single" wardrobe in Texas...

Even if you are an office worker, you gotta go do **** outside at some point, and you aren't going to wear the same clothes when it is 100F and humid as you are in January when average highs are in the 60s.

It is only places like southern california...San Diego monthly average highs never get above the 70s and don't go below 65.
1634921773565.png

That said, I don't really maintain separate wardrobes. I mostly wear the same clothes year round, just add extra **** like jackets/sweaters on top in the winter (and sweaters are great). The shirts and pants don't really change that much.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's satire, right?

I mean, places have published honest articles like that many times, but that one just goes too far. You can't have 250k first job at father's company, living in grandpa's vacation home, 500k gift from an *uncle* AND saving money by only skipping european/japan travel all in the same article.

Also what hedge fund employee wouldn't take a mortgage at the rates that have been available in recent history? He should be fired for buying a house with cash.

edit: yes, yes it is fake. The mortgage comment really was a giveaway that it was made by someone who doesn't understand being rich.

Yes it was a joke.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atmospheric rivers
Also, you can't really make it work with a true "single" wardrobe in Texas...

Even if you are an office worker, you gotta go do **** outside at some point, and you aren't going to wear the same clothes when it is 100F and humid as you are in January when average highs are in the 60s.

It is only places like southern california...San Diego monthly average highs never get above the 70s and don't go below 65.
View attachment 1690311

That said, I don't really maintain separate wardrobes. I mostly wear the same clothes year round, just add extra **** like jackets/sweaters on top in the winter (and sweaters are great). The shirts and pants don't really change that much.
Highs in SoCal can vary 20 degrees in 20 miles. Bay area depends on which side of the Santa Cruz mountains you're on.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Judge Robert Trumble said he would order a written ruling at a later time on whether or not Diana should be granted bond pending trial.

Jonathan waived his right to a detention hearing and will be detained pending trial."

-Bullshit like this! They should BOTH be held pending trial. I don't care that they have children. They did what they did and there are reports that they left the children at home alone while they BOTH went out to drop info.

Kids didn't need caring for then!

Of course....one will get consideration while the other won't!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads