• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I also remember he was always like "TAXES ARE TOO HIGH!!!" even when taxes where low. Taxes could be 1% and he would still complain about taxes.
EVERYONE IS LEAVING CALIFORNIA CUZ THE TAXES ARE SO HIGH

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EVERYONE IS LEAVING CALIFORNIA CUZ THE TAXES ARE SO HIGH
I went to BIG NAME SCHOOL!!! and worked at MCKINSEY!!! I'm smarter than everyone else and I know what I'm talking about!!!

If his only ideas were cut taxes then he was a pretty shitty consultant. Too many consultants default to cut costs which doesn't really get you anywhere in the end.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was under the impression that someone was banned very recently.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also remember he was always like "TAXES ARE TOO HIGH!!!" even when taxes where low. Taxes could be 1% and he would still complain about taxes.
This still feels like a bunch of us

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how they got to those tax numbers. For instance, TN has a 9.25% sales tax rate but no income tax. I have no idea how they get to 7%.

I guess one thing that drove me crazy 2 years ago was when RE taxes were being touted as increasing something like 34% (or some other big number) but in absolute terms, it was quite small. Someone driving a new Lexus LX was complaining to me about how she lives on a fixed income and cannot absorb the increase in taxes which would have equated to like $1,200 a year. F that lady.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder how they got to those tax numbers. For instance, TN has a 9.25% sales tax rate but no income tax. I have no idea how they get to 7%.

I guess one thing that drove me crazy 2 years ago was when RE taxes were being touted as increasing something like 34% (or some other big number) but in absolute terms, it was quite small. Someone driving a new Lexus LX was complaining to me about how she lives on a fixed income and cannot absorb the increase in taxes which would have equated to like $1,200 a year. F that lady.
It is the average total tax burden.

Not defending the lady, but a 34% increase in property taxes is pretty huge.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.