• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Similar boat here, without having been let go (yet). I've got the single most toxic supervisor of my career, and I've developed PTSD from our interactions. Panic attacks, night terrors, the works. I'm in the intake process to start seeing a therapist, and my coach is advising me to take an emergency FMLA leave and use the time to find another job.

I'd kill for another restructuring right about now...a layoff with a fat severance sounds delightful.

Edit: OTOH I had a really good screening interview for a fantastic job yesterday. It feels pretty good to see a really amazing opportunity and think, y'know, that's actually right in my wheelhouse, and then have their in-house recruiter say I'm perfect for the job.
I have never had it that bad, but when I was having a rough go at work, just the act of interviewing helped so much. It have me hope. Plus there is probably the same psychological trick that Zappos used where they offer you cash to wait like 90 days after your start. If you turn down another job offer (out withdraw after an interview), you look at the current job a bit more positively.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm this close to pulling a Piob and going full on FIRE. After this past year I'm a whole lot closer to my "fuck it all" savings number than I thought I'd be anytime soon.
I’m at my number too, but it’s an illusion - because, you know, the USD is basically the new Venezuelan bolivar

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Since this is the thread for tax talk, this webinar came through this morning.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You’re going to spark a fresh round of complaints - I had to file four father cucking state returns this year despite (a) not working a single day in any other state in 2020, and (b) not needing to file in my home state of FL! :fu:

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m at my number too, but it’s an illusion - because, you know, the USD is basically the new Venezuelan bolivar
Just swap your fiat for crypto, bro. I hear rates are advantageous right now?

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the tax forum?

Gundlach pointed out that when Mitt Romney ran for president in 2012, the Republican candidate's tax return showed he paid a 14% rate relative to his income.

"I made about as much money as he did in that year, and I was paying 50%."
Sounds like someone needs a better accountant...

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fucking Brits ruining it with their "studies" and their "science"

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was my nickname in college

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by