• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The only reason I know is I've done some public health work on reservations, both in the US and Canada, earlier in my career. You don't know hopelessness and despondence until you visit some of these remote locations; it's really a blot on both countries.
Well that's the thing, I've been to about half a dozen different Arctic villages, but clearly have not really left my bubble while I've been there if I missed something that basic.

I picked up "First Nations" from traveling frequently to Vancouver and never really looked any further into what it means, to learn about those exceptions.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Diabetes is rampant in certain bands and amputations, from just a toe to above the knee amputations (AKA,) are not uncommon along with diabetic ulcers, which are tough to heal wounds. I can remember many discharge orders reading along the line of, "Send to so and so SNF for wound care and hold until running water installed at dwelling." I think it's even worse in some northern locales and the huffing of gas is near epidemic is some spots.

I will say, and this is based on no deep knowledge as I'm world's way from this now, but it appears gambling money has helped to improve the quality of life for many reservations to include providing meaningful employment.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
appears gambling money has helped to improve the quality of life for many reservations to include providing meaningful employment.
Very unequally distributed among tribes but very true.

I've recently noticed a gas tankers owned by a Native corporation on the highway around here, that struck me as a sure sign of a wealthy tribe!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very unequally distributed among tribes but very true.

I've recently noticed a gas tankers owned by a Native corporation on the highway around here, that struck me as a sure sign of a wealthy tribe!
Early 2000s back in my loan agent days, I remember getting loan apps from more than a few tribal employees.
I'd look at their financials, income: $10K a month.
And they were applying for $5 & $10K cash loans?
It used to bewilder me...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I know someone that found a niche consulting with tribes to build healthcare facilities on the reservations. From outpatient dialysis centers to assisted livings to skilled nursing facilities. He's making bank and travels all over at their expense.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I know someone who ate a lollipop after it had been in a vagina.
I know someone that ate a lollipop after it had been in two poopers.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that you're the one that keeps finding all the banned words. Maybe someone needs to take a minute and reassess their vocabulary.
I don't know man, omega found out re.tar.d

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.