• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why is the local public library system so bad?

Maybe instead of getting rid of fines, they could buy books that are worth checking out.
thx for reminder, i've been itching to get into the library they have a local, somewhat hard-to-find reference that i don't want to have to buy.

the book won't circulate, but on your post i called up and they'll have it for me to pick up mañana. not jibbledy!

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My parents gave me a Shoebox from my old closet. In it are a few old tuxedo accoutrements and some old pocket squares.

I am...uncomfortable showing you all this. But here we are.

@SpooPoker heads up buddy. We are both gonna retire off of these swaps

PXL_20210510_233256976.jpg

PXL_20210510_233313424.jpg

PXL_20210510_233311512.jpg
PXL_20210510_233307870.jpg
PXL_20210510_233304186.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of performance reviews ... right out of college I went with an architectural firm in New York that was -- at the time -- one of the hottest places in the country to work. Because of that they paid next to nothing. I spent two years there and in my review one of the partners let me know they were happy with my work but speaking in code made me aware that I should not think of them as my future. Well, to be honest none of us did ... they were resume padding during our internship. Moreover, they required that we work killer hours and I was getting tired of that. I was already looking for another firm for more resume padding that would cover the second part of my internship. It wasn't as hot, but they had far more established connections. Two weeks later I got a job offer.

I gave my notice at hotshot firm. A few hours later I heard my name over the PA and was asked to call Ext 100. I'd never heard of that one. Had it been, "call Ext 200" I'd have know then and there I was being fired ... we all did. It happened a lot .. including to a few people who went on to be very big names in the field. Well, #100 belonged to the corner library ... apparently the #200 conference room was already in use. There sat partner #5 -- the unnamed partner who never got his name on the shingle -- at the far side of the room. I went to pull out a chair.

Partner: No, no. No need to sit. I hear you want to leave us.
Me: Well, your review of me made clear that it was expected at some point.
Partner: Well, you have given us two weeks notice. Could you leave a bit sooner?
Me: I could indeed. Just say when.
Partner: Finish your latte.
Me: It won't take that long.
Partner: Uhhhh, I take it I can still use the house in Southampton this weekend? (It was a relatives house, not mine).
Me: Uhhh, no.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Partner: No, no. No need to sit. I hear you want to leave us.
Me: Well, your review of me made clear that it was expected at some point.
Partner: Well, you have given us two weeks notice. Could you leave a bit sooner?
Me: I could indeed. Just say when.
Partner: Finish your latte.
Me: It won't take that long.
Partner: Uhhhh, I take it I can still use the house in Southampton this weekend? (It was a relatives house, not mine).
Me: Uhhh, no. I take it I can still fuck your wife and daughter this weekend?
My response

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geez, I’m working on it ok?

In all seriousness if I’m still in my current company in a month I’m banning myself from posting until I get a new job. Holy hell what a shit show.
My ass is red, my pockets are green
and this is the worst fuckin' job I ever seen

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It bothers me that Newsom’s forehead is so shiny

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My puppy has a boner many times during the day now.

And if I was packing as much heat as he was on an dong to weight/overall body length ratio, I am pretty sure I would be walking around pantsless too.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I lost another Artsy auction, this time for a sculpture by Sam Gilliam. Gilliam is a DC native who has experienced a late-career resurgence due to his recent representation by Pace Gallery. Most of his pieces that have come to auction recently have sold well above the top of their estimates. I thought I had a shot at this one, but the bidding got too rich for my blood. (Top bid was $9.5K, but adding in the buyer's premium, state sales tax, and shipping and handling made the cost close to $13K.) I could afford to buy but not afford to own; there are other places my money should be going. So maybe it's more Things That Slightly Disappointed You?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.