• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might take prostate issues over this.

I am probably being over dramatic. At least you guys can cheer me up.
Over Dramatic? You, a member of an online forum dedicated to griping about .5cm cuff lengths and which tailor is better, are potentially being overly dramatic?!?

1620162097959.png

But seriously hope it is okay. If you have to have your penis removed, I hear your local Republican convention has some great support structures in place for you.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new gig has a very toxic second in command but I'm not ready to broom her yet. It's the director of clinical services and I have no one to take her place plus the local talent pool is very shallow. I need to limp along, trying to fix a whole host of operational issues, while she continues to poison the culture I'm trying to create until this fall.

I might need to go back to tendies full time. I'm just like those people that collect poogie for the first time...applying for UI the second time is way eaiser mentally than the first time.
We have a similar person - she's done very well to not hire any direct reports who can replace her. She 100% leads on gut feeling and any data will bring will always be refuted by random one offs or anecdotal stories. She's about 2 ranks higher than me, so I'm not in a position to do anything other than just not spend too much on any request from her side since it'll be ignored anyway.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve tried my best to get rid of toxic people, as a matter of principle. They’re a drain on the entire team, and I refuse to leave them hanging on hoping they’ll become someone else’s problem.

it is REALLY hard to do it. Usually takes a year or more even with the best documentation of misconduct or failing to do their jobs

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife has inherited several bottom performers at work. In fact, one manager actively encouraged her to hire away her bad performer because she was allegedly great.

Thankfully for her, she's had a lot of experience managing me, so she was well prepared.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently no one here is a bottom performer even though the bell curve says someone here should be shit.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife has inherited several bottom performers at work. In fact, one manager actively encouraged her to hire away her bad performer because she was allegedly great.

Thankfully for her, she's had a lot of experience managing me, so she was well prepared.
I am sure your wife has much practice managing your (power) bottom performing ways
Apparently no one here is a bottom performer even though the bell curve says someone here should be shit.
@edinatlanta

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's easier to tolerate the bad known vs whatever is unknown.
The aircraft design industry actually has a category called unk-unks or unknown unknowns those things we didn't know we wouldn't know as opposed to things we knew we wouldn't know

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
But businesses everywhere complain about the difficulty of finding workers regardless of whether the federal government is paying extra benefits. Montana businesses were complaining of labor shortages in 2019, when no federal benefits were in place, and so was the state’s Department of Labor & Industry in its 2019 Labor Day report.
Won't anybody think of the job creators?!?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
story also cites under 4% unemployment , how many shelved workers could the policy shake loose? idk

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy