• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've fallen that far down a run when I was a teenager...but it was a groomed run so I really just slid for a very long time. Tweaked my thumb (had racing hand guards on my poles) but was otherwise fine.

Luckily my friend was behind me, because it would have been a long long hike back up to collect my shit.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped a small cornice in a white out onto what I thought was a traverse run out, straddled a mogul and blew off both skis,
I know you a speaking english.... But I can't understand you. Seems bad.
I'm pretty sure I've fallen that far down a run when I was a teenager...but it was a groomed run so I really just slid for a very long time. Tweaked my thumb (had racing hand guards on my poles) but was otherwise fine.

Luckily my friend was behind me, because it would have been a long long hike back up to collect my shit.
Could have just taken the lift back up and scooted down to gather it as you go :)

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worst ski collecting experience I ever had was losing a ski on a knee deep powder day. the snow was so light the brake didn't work and it ran under the snow for almost a hundred yards before it surfaced and stopped down the hill. Then I had to go get it. My buddy skied down to it until I could crawl, roll and semi slide my way down to it. Probably took about 15 minutes but seemed like a week.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been skiing like thrice in my life. The last time I couldn't come around the bend on this one hairpin. It wasn't fast or anything, I just couldn't. Might not have properly clipped my shoe thing in to the ski. I don't know. Anyway, I tried it like six times in a row and on the seventh I had also got comfortable enough to get some speed up. Crashed, same spot in the curve, same spot on my hip and hit the safety netting. That was not so fun seeing the cliff.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gapers(jk)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went on a trip to Big Bear with my gf when I was a real beginner.
Late in the day I opted to go down a different run because the one she was going down seemed gnarly.
Mine ended up being a thin layer of snow on top of ice.
I immediately ate it and one of my skis shot into the trees. I had to use my pole end to keep me from sliding high speed down the trail. I inched my way over into the trees, and proceeded to butt slide my way down the mountain.
It's late, and there is NO ONE around. At one point I say big paw prints in the snow.
I eventually get to a spot where it mellowed out, and I could get my skis on and cruise down.
At the bottom by the lifts, there was a large crowd, including the gf and they all started applauding.
I found out they were minutes away from sending up the ski patrol.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I specialize in teaching skiing to people with intellectual disabilities, so I'm particularly well qualified to teach you lot. Hit me up.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I specialize in teaching skiing to people with intellectual disabilities, so I'm particularly well qualified to teach you lot. Hit me up.
I regret nothing...
The day ended with applause, a great dinner, and sex with the gf in front of the fireplace (and more applause ).
And I am now, a rock solid mediocre skier.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I skied most of my life but busted a knee (while skiing) a couple of years back. Every now and then it just gives way and my leg buckles. With that happening I'm afraid to ski anything more than an intermediate run. Light easy skiing is my future.

At my age things don't heal as easily as they once did.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Max, where's my will? That Ed fellow is out. OUT I tell you.
Has ed finally admitted his true sexuality!? Fantastic!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy