• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I thought you were an english teacher?
I Was teaching English right up until last March. when the Corona virus hit, the company let go the part-timers. The business almost closed and i couldn't negotiate a full time contract at the time.
Just unfortunate timing i guess.

Re: engineering stuff. The culture is specialization. everybody has the one thing they do and are good at. Masters at their profession.

Me? I can wrench, weld, paint, and refrigeration tech. now am getting licenses for heavy equipment. So a master of no trade, skilled in a few.

I posted jokingly about being one of the top 100. It was a compliment given to me a few years ago by coworkers for being versatile. "Almighty". so i earned the nickname "God hands". Because i can't read or write Japanese, but i can do or make almost anything.
But i'm getting too old to do grunt work. Tired of working for shady companies. or in unsafe conditions. Or doing jobs contrary to description.

Having all the skills in the world doesn't matter if you don't have papers.
So getting licenses to drive equipment can offer me more stability and better employment opportunities.

Sure, I'd teach English again. But a solid job in construction pays better.
Being an immigrant isn't easy.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am legitimately unsure how much I drank last night.
Ah, the old recycling bin audit while the coffee percolates. Classic. Wait 2 hours to see how pissed off the spouse is, although obviously this doesn't apply in your case.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, the old recycling bin audit while the coffee percolates. Classic. Wait 2 hours to see how pissed off the spouse is, although obviously this doesn't apply in your case.
His right hand can never stay mad at him

This guy attacks people with lumber, assaults a cop with a deadly weapon, and somehow is not shot dead by a minnesota police department.

I will take any and all bets on this guys skin color

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having a kid drove that change for me.

Although kid aside, when I stand up/sit down/walk too far/walk too short/ lay down etc and I have to grunt, not like I want to grunt, but I am biologically compelled to grunt, that is then I realized I was not young any more.
It now makes me happy when I see a bird. I have no real interest in birds. Never really cared much for them before. Don't have a desire to learn much about them. But when I see a bird, I have a split second of joy. I'll stare out my window at birds hopping around my yard like I'm a dog or cat.

I don't understand it. Probably something with dat T production slowing down.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It now makes me happy when I see a bird. I have no real interest in birds. Never really cared much for them before. Don't have a desire to learn much about them. But when I see a bird, I have a split second of joy. I'll stare out my window at birds hopping around my yard like I'm a dog or cat.

Hey dad, whan did you move to north carolina?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you are so lame holy shit

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some drinks last night but was out cycling by 8a this morning. You're making bad life choices.
This is because you are a functioning adult. Ed in the other hand is not. We can't hold you both to the same standard

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
His right hand can never stay mad at him

This guy attacks people with lumber, assaults a cop with a deadly weapon, and somehow is not shot dead by a minnesota police department.

I will take any and all bets on this guys skin color
No bet: Oeltjenbruns actually means "white guy" in Old Norse

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
PS really? Scandi hoovian triggers the censor system?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy